Bobby bigging up the Rags

The rag writers have aleady swallowed it hook line and sinker and they will act as our 5th columnist's!

It doesn't matter what crap he spouts in the media as long as he isn't telling the players the same thing.

As it says in the art of war “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

just imagine after all the shit about the new rag messiah leading the them to the promised land which is of course is the premiership title.

it will all end in tears when it all falls flat and we beat them again. their pain will be all the more.

I'm not comfortable with it and personally don't agree, however, i think this will fire up the likes of of aguero and tevez to prove him wrong. They are the type of players who will take up the challenge.

This is more about PR than mind games. It is unlikely to turn a gnarly, hard-nosed fucker like Taggart into a quivering wreck. Or motivate Aguero and co.

Ferguson's own so-called mind games are also over-hyped. I'm sure it is more instinctive bullying than pre-meditated tactics. Unfortunately the intimidation of refs and press hacks has often worked in the past but some of the shite is now coming back to haunt him. "Noisy neighbours" and "not in my lifetime" have given lots of pleasure at the old fart's expense.

Isn't Bobby just avoiding giving the press ammo by knocking the rags? And being a bit of a cheeky chappie at the same time? He comes over as quite likeable and tongue-in-cheek where Old Bacon is sour and spiky. Good PR maybe but sophisticated mind games? Not sure.

sir baconface said:
This is more about PR than mind games. It is unlikely to turn a gnarly, hard-nosed fucker like Taggart into a quivering wreck. Or motivate Aguero and co.

Ferguson's own so-called mind games are also over-hyped. I'm sure it is more instinctive bullying than pre-meditated tactics. Unfortunately the intimidation of refs and press hacks has often worked in the past but some of the shite is now coming back to haunt him. "Noisy neighbours" and "not in my lifetime" have given lots of pleasure at the old fart's expense.

Isn't Bobby just avoiding giving the press ammo by knocking the rags? And being a bit of a cheeky chappie at the same time? He comes over as quite likeable and tongue-in-cheek where Old Bacon is sour and spiky. Good PR maybe but sophisticated mind games? Not sure.

what you say is correct, but a manager can big up his own team without belittling other teams. all bob has to do is talk up our strike force and not theirs.
tell the world that we didnt really need van perkins anyway (its what whisky nose and most other managers would have done!)

Didsbury Dave said:
It doesn't matter what crap he spouts in the media as long as he isn't telling the players the same thing.
Which you know he isn't just as at the end of last season he was telling the players they could still win the league with 6 straight wins when he was telling the press it was over.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 am --<br /><br />
waspish said:
He's just giving the media what they want and more incentive for the Rags
More incentive for the rags? How so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.