Bobby Charlton has passed away, aged 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day he's a dad, grandad, brother etc to someone and they'll be going through tough times with it, snide.

Another of the 66 boys not well, it's a horrible horrible disease which you can't do nothing about, all rivalries aside as now isn't the time but I wish him well and just hope he's made to feel comfortable and loved in these next few months/years as it'll be a testing time.

The Guardian pic accompanying their article dramatically shows the debilitating effects of Alzheimer's.
1604246429697.png

Awful illness. Very sad news. Can't help but wonder about those Casey's that these guys were heading throughout their career. The Astle family campaign has got it right I feel.
I seem to recall a long time ago Charlton saying he avoided heading the ball because he thought there could be consequences in later life. Could be wrong though.

Terrible disease. Didn't his brother Jack have it too? Could be wrong though. Best wishes to his family. Not going to be easy for them by any stretch.

He can't remember why he fell out with Jack.
I remember his goal v Uruguay like it was yesterday. Take good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.