Bobby Charlton passes away at the age of 86

Back in the '60s my Mum worked on and off at a sweet shop/newsagent/tobacconist in The Quadrant, Stretford. A lot of United players used to come in. Although my Mum was City through and through she liked the United players she met, and, in particular, described Bobby Charlton as a true gentleman. (From where we stand now we may wonder why top players went to a local shop - for papers, cigarettes? As the man said, "The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.") Great player and a gentleman.

Back in the '60s my Mum worked on and off at a sweet shop/newsagent/tobacconist in The Quadrant, Stretford. A lot of United players used to come in. Although my Mum was City through and through she liked the United players she met, and, in particular, described Bobby Charlton as a true gentleman. (From where we stand now we may wonder why top players went to a local shop - for papers, cigarettes? As the man said, "The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.") Great player and a gentleman.
A true legend of the game but surely doesn’t warrant sky news presenter to wear all black even if she is a United fan. My first memory of him is the 1968 Benfica final and his goal. RIP Sir Bobby

That's opinion. Some would argue Moore or Banks.

RIP Bobby Charlton.

I'd feel sadder about it if Sky Sports werent in absolute mourning and unable to go even 2 minutes without mentioning it.

He’s arguably the greatest English player we’ve had. Are you really that surprised they’re constantly talking about it, especially considering it was announced today

Easily the GOAT English player in history and it's not even close at all!

RIP Bobby
Can’t comment as I’m not old enough to see him play. However, my Dad would disagree with you as he said he was massively overrated and was more about the players he had around him that made him look better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.