Bobbys ad in today's MEN

I hope he gets a ticket tomorrow and sneaks in.If Thaskin can manage it against the rags,then he could against Norwich!

If the club had anything about them they would invite him to get the thanks and send off he deserves!

Shadz69 said:
CC1 said:
His pay off probably included a 'gagging clause'. Is this his parting shot at the Board without contravening his termination deal? Have to consider it because he didn't exactly go out of his way to meet fans when he was in charge?? He has always kept his distance and considering the constant support he got from the fans he never came on to the pitch at the end of matches to walk over to us with the players.....why?????

If he won't get close to his own players and staff there is'nt much chance of it happening with fans.Bob is aloof and a little eccentric it's part of his charm.

I am in 2 minds. I really loved the guy and what he did for us. The recent reports on his aloofness and frankly, dismissive treatment of players has caused huge doubts about whether his success would have been long term. As the old scumbag in Salford proved, he was hard but seemed to be respected and regarded as a father figure by many of his players. Roberto only demonstrated that with Mario....

Bilboblue said:
Bilboblue said:
Got a few friends down south that want a copy of this, could someone get me 5 copies of todays M.E.N. and I will pay you tomorrow at the ground please?

PM me if it is possible and many thanks in advance if someone would be so kind!

shameless bump....

I will have a look in my newsagents tomoz am to see if any left and will pm if there is or not.

mostonbluemark said:
Straight after we won the Title, when he was being interviewed post match, the first thing he said was this is for the fans. I don't think the ad is in any way a dig at the Club. Just Mancini saying thanks.

Nice to see PB has toned his comments down, just a shame Billy can't do the same. After all he does deserve our gratitude, whatever went on between him and the players. I still cry when I hear that Martin Tyler commentary as I watch Sergio hit the ball into the back of the net. Nobody will deliver a Title in such dramatic fashion again. Bloody hope not anyway, don't think the heart will take it. Lets ALL of us acknowledge the highs and lows he gave us. Its time to move on now. Give the team and Mancini the support they deserve tomorrow and look forward to the summer and the new season.

On a side note I do miss the Tolmie circus and everything that goes with it. Care to share a few Clips with us THD?

Nothing will ever surpass that last league match and Aguero's goal. BUT that's with hindsight. Why did we almost throw it away? Was Roberto the next 'stepping stone'??? I believe in our owners so they must have had very good reasons to sack such a successful guy

CC1 said:
His pay off probably included a 'gagging clause'. Is this his parting shot at the Board without contravening his termination deal? Have to consider it because he didn't exactly go out of his way to meet fans when he was in charge?? He has always kept his distance and considering the constant support he got from the fans he never came on to the pitch at the end of matches to walk over to us with the players.....why?????

Disagree mate - he would often go on a walk about at european away games and mingle with fans - got a few pic's of him at munich doing just this. he always acknowledged the fans when we sang his name. Always applauded fans at our away games.

Bobbymanc = city legend....thankyou

bainy said:
CC1 said:

Disagree mate - he would often go on a walk about at european away games and mingle with fans - got a few pic's of him at munich doing just this. he always acknowledged the fans when we sang his name. Always applauded fans at our away games.

Bobbymanc = city legend....thankyou

Yes, youre right. I really can never thank him enough for the last 3 years.....let's hope we move forward after all TEEz important we improve nexta year

CC1 said:
Shadz69 said:
CC1 said:

If he won't get close to his own players and staff there is'nt much chance of it happening with fans.Bob is aloof and a little eccentric it's part of his charm.

I am in 2 minds. I really loved the guy and what he did for us. The recent reports on his aloofness and frankly, dismissive treatment of players has caused huge doubts about whether his success would have been long term. As the old scumbag in Salford proved, he was hard but seemed to be respected and regarded as a father figure by many of his players. Roberto only demonstrated that with Mario....

Fact or fiction ? i would say gossip turned into fact!!
however, i know what your saying about 'caught in 2 minds'.
The only fact is that footy managers get sacked - i would prefer city to be in the position that when we sack one again, we have had some degree of sucess and not been relegated!!

bainy said:
CC1 said:
Shadz69 said:

Fact or fiction ? i would say gossip turned into fact!!
however, i know what your saying about 'caught in 2 minds'.
The only fact is that footy managers get sacked - i would prefer city to be in the position that when we sack one again, we have had some degree of sucess and not been relegated!!

Well, I believe success will continue......managers/players come and go. Only the fans and the club matter. But I really did love Roberto...1-6 and the double; FA cup; Premiership .......all in 24 months

CC1 said:
Shadz69 said:
CC1 said:

Fergurson was ruthless with his players like you say and continued in that vein until he won the battle after a few years and everyone knew from then on that they would never beat him if players revolted. He also had complete support from his boardroom and so the two together became formidable where player power was concerned. He then melted a little and showed his players more respect as the battle had been won. City's board want to run things and use a whole different approach and not let the manager have complete control hence why Mancini lost this battle. If the board didn't want to try the Barca route then no doubt they'd have fully supported his abrasiveness in the quest for trophies and who knows in a few years time maybe everyone would have accepted Mancini in a similar manner to Fergurson now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.