Bobbys ad in today's MEN

Hahahaha. The absolute height of ego and vanity. A picture of himself, stood behind the three trophies he won. I wish I wasn't so cynical as to wonder whether it isn't just one more 'fuck you' to the club.

Really can't wait for the new man to be in charge so Mancini can be consigned to history.

Are you for real? We all know your viewpoint on Mancini, you've got what you want, so just be happy with that and stop your constant bitching about him. It's a nice gesture by Bobby Manc recognising the strong bond he had with the majority of fans, nothing more, nothing less

oldius said:
Mancini should always be remembered. We will never know the full truth about his dismissal but we can celebrate what he did achieve and remember him as one of our own.

Onwards we go, great times ahead.

You nailed it...."remember him as one of our own."

How many managers do that? Where the fans embrace their manager as one of their own? That is rare, Ferguson never did that, his style was "I am the boss". Most managers are viewed as functionary, or not, as the case may be. Wenger is not held with the same affection by Arsenal supporters as Mancini was by us.
The most popular chant at the Etihad was for our manager, I can't think of any other club in the Premier League where that is the case.

i think it's a fantastic gesture from a man who enjoyed a genuine bond with the fans. no-one can deny that the last three years have been amazing and Bobby was a huge part of that. he is the most sucessful manager that many of us have known at city.

ciao Bobby, e grazie.

you have to appreciate everything bobby has done for us. this season though there were too many matches in which we failed to reach a good level of performance. ultimately, even though players should shoulder the blame, its the manager who falls. when the news leaked, it would have been cruel to string him along for another couple of weeks with all the press speculation. the last three years have had some huge highs, mancini will always be a legend. time to move on now, thanks roberto.

Caveman said:
i8rags said:
BillyShears said:
Hahahaha. The absolute height of ego and vanity. A picture of himself, stood behind the three trophies he won. I wish I wasn't so cynical as to wonder whether it isn't just one more 'fuck you' to the club.

Really can't wait for the new man to be in charge so Mancini can be consigned to history.
Utterly bizzare.
Fucking weird, isn't it. Sad, almost. I reckon Roberto has been porking a few of our board members' wives in his time with us because the level of desperate disrespect he's been undeservedly shown by some is as ungrateful and pathetic as it gets from a set of football fans.

I'm surprised he thought it was a 'fuck you' to the club as I think this bloke is so full of his own self importance that he'd think it was a 'fuck you' to him.
Can't get the logic, the 1-6, the semi, FA cup, that game, these alone give Mancini the right to treated with the utmost respect, anyone who disagrees is frankly a rag.

Cheers for that Bobby Manc. You've given me some of the best City memories of my life and I for one will never forget you. Pure class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.