Bojinov - I want to stay, but i need to play

Didsbury Dave said:
So I'm naive for saying he's not good enough for next season because he's not played that much, whereas you're not naive for saying he is good enough based on the same?

Nope, your logic is deeply flawed mate.

My opinion is we do not need him. Our squad needs to be reduced in numbers and he's surplus to requirements. We don't need injury-prone players who may or may not make it clogging up the squad. The right backup strikers for the culture of the club (after the 3-4 top liners) are the kids coming through.

Obviously this is making the assumption that we will sign a couple of strikers. I believe we will. If we don't then he's worth keeping.

Your opinion is different.

But don't call me naive because I'm not.

I never gave my opinion on the guy, so you've jumped to conclusions and put words in my mouth there. I would still argue that judging a players first handful of games in a new league, after 2 season long injuries is indeed, blinkered at the very least.

Had you done the same in a differnet scenario, you'd also have sold Drogba and Adebayor on the cheap, as thier first 12-18 months, in better teams, without injuries was pretty poor. So yes, i do think its naive to have judged him already. And stating he's "injury prone" after those two injuries, considering the type of injury they are, is, imo, absolutely laughable.

If we sign Tevez then Bojinov can go out on loan. If we don't then we will need him to stay. Bellamy cannot be expected to play more than 10-12 games next season with his fitness problems. All three are similar players who will be able to partner RSC/Etoo up front.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:
So I'm naive for saying he's not good enough for next season because he's not played that much, whereas you're not naive for saying he is good enough based on the same?

Nope, your logic is deeply flawed mate.

My opinion is we do not need him. Our squad needs to be reduced in numbers and he's surplus to requirements. We don't need injury-prone players who may or may not make it clogging up the squad. The right backup strikers for the culture of the club (after the 3-4 top liners) are the kids coming through.

Obviously this is making the assumption that we will sign a couple of strikers. I believe we will. If we don't then he's worth keeping.

Your opinion is different.

But don't call me naive because I'm not.

I never gave my opinion on the guy, so you've jumped to conclusions and put words in my mouth there. I would still argue that judging a players first handful of games in a new league, after 2 season long injuries is indeed, blinkered at the very least.

Had you done the same in a differnet scenario, you'd also have sold Drogba and Adebayor on the cheap, as thier first 12-18 months, in better teams, without injuries was pretty poor. So yes, i do think its naive to have judged him already. And stating he's "injury prone" after those two injuries, considering the type of injury they are, is, imo, absolutely laughable.

I "judged" him because it's a City forum where a thread was started discussing whether he will stay or go.

What do you expect me to do, say "I cannot comment because I've only seen him play 8 times"?

It's a forum, mate. You're supposed to give opinions. I gave mine. And I'm quite happy to form an opinion on Bojinov as I've watched him play.

And your final sentance needs no comment, it's pretty funny on it's own to be honest.

a valid point, but yes, you can say; "he looks surplus to requirements imo but he's only played a few times".

Plus you even contridicted yourself, you can't be surplus to requirements, not good enough and then say; Oh but if we don't sign a couple strikers he's worth keeping. You've pretty much admitted he's not good enough and then said he's worth keeping? If he's not good enough, he's not good enough and should go, surely?

If you'd like to explain to me how rupturing knee ligaments and achilies ligaments is 'injury prone' rather than serious accidental injuries then i'm all ears; its hardly a Bellemy-esque consistent muscle strain or Saha like continual muscle tear now, is it?

I'll spell it out again:

Next season we will have stronger squad than last season. This is because we are going to spend lots of money inthe transfer market. My comments are based on the assumption that we will sign more strikers.

But I can't assume how many we will get, or indeed if we will get any, so I have placed a caviat in there. I've even qualified that by saying at the moment I believe he is the second-best centre forward we have right now.

But he won't be come August, I'm sure of that. And I'm also as sure as sure can be that he won't play regularly, if at all.

And we don't need players way down the pecking order, on big contracts, holding up the progress of the kids.

He's been with us two seasons and hardly played. that's injury-prone, regardless of what the injuries are. If he manages a couple of years with no more injuries, then you can probably lift that tag. You can't decide what injuries count and which don't. Injury prone means picks up injuries. That's what he does.

Enjoying reading the points put across by Gstar and DD. However, I have to side with Gstar on this one as we cannot be expected to judge Boj on what we've seen so far.
I was right near the front for his debut at West Ham, which is the only time we saw him before the first injury, and I have to say that he could not be accused of "not getting stuck in" for the small amount of time that he played that day.
He was an animal, totally unsettling all of the WH defence and muscled himself into great positions. I was scared looking at the determination on his face that day!
Maybe he's been reluctant to do this type of muscling due to the short time that he's been back from injury. Personally, I thought he put himself about well enough at Spurs.
With a good pre-season to blow away the cobwebs and rid any fear that he may have, I hope to see him take the Prem by storm next season.

Apart from Bellemy he's the only one I'd keep of the current strikers we have at the moment, the best is yet to come from him I'm sure.

I really hope he is one of our 4 strikers next season along with Bellemy and possible Santa Cruz & Tevez (don't think we're getting Eto'o) just hope there won't be to many injuries with that lot!!!

Just can't wait to see what a fully fit Boj can do in a quality team, should be fun. Be interesting to see what odds he will be for goal of the season as well.
A 30 yard screamer at the swamp anyone :-)))

Only seen him play to his full potential against AC in the Thomas Cook Trophy.

I would love Boj to be a proper blues hero.

I think Stevie should be sharing his training regieme with the rest of the players over the summer

CTID

I'd like to see him stay, but if he is expecting to play week in week out I don't think we can give him thast guarantee.

Hopefully we are prepared to give him his opportunities, and he is prepared to battle for his place.

moomba said:
I'd like to see him stay, but if he is expecting to play week in week out I don't think we can give him thast guarantee.

Hopefully we are prepared to give him his opportunities, and he is prepared to battle for his place.

I think it depends who we bring in, I think he's better Caciado for touch as Caciado just seems to stumble past everyone but at Boj's present state I would rate Bellamy over Boj.

Your 100% right, if he wants the place he should fight for it, just like anyone else in the squad.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.