Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

All of these local clubs I used to have a kind of fondness for years ago. I even went to Wembley when I lived in Kent to add support to Stockport in the play off finals against Peterborough. This all changed as we dropped through the divisions and their fan's and often players and managers took great delight in our misfortune. Bolton had the odious Gartside and Allardyce and annoying players like Davies and Nolan. A lot of their fan's struck me as rags who supported Bolton when they played us, a bit like Wigan.

None of them shed any tears for us in our hard times and I certainly won't shed any for any of them.
When a club goes up a division or two, all the locals start going, unfortunately that means the local plastic reds, jumping on the band wagon, so to a certain extent I can stomach that.
The doppelgänger advert though was unforgivable and for that , both Bolton and le coq sportiff can drop off the face of the earth.

I went to school in Bolton, and the lads who went to Burnden each week hated the rags as much as we did, and were largely sympathetic to our plight, unlike the OOT dippers and rags who rubbed it in and every opportunity, yet never went to any games themselves.

I've liked Bolton ever since they beat Utd in the 58 Cup Final, Nat Lofthouse barging Harry Gregg into the net

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.