Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

Don't like Notlob much, but I still find it sad that a founder member of the FL and a club of their standing once, is in this incredible mess, who knows how close we were to this? I feel for the players and general employees of the club who have struggled to just get paid of late - how many of us would continue to turn up for work if we weren't getting paid or even being given any assurances of being paid? Again, I didn't have much time for the now both departed previous owners, I guess it shows how much of their money they pumped in to keep the club afloat! The present owner seems to be a right piece of work and even makes Cashley seem like a decent club owner!!

Bolton are one of those clubs that I tend to forget about. I’ve met quite a few Bolton fans and all but two I have met in my 53 years been obnoxious, vile and have strongly disliked and/or had a chip on their shoulder about City. Their squeezing cash out of City when we were cash strapped was unforgivable and Phil Gartside, who had a habit of kissing United’s arse regularly, gloating about ripping us off, capped it off.

However, I don’t wish them to go out of business and I hope they find a buyer.

I’d care more, though, if it was another Lancs club like Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Oldham, Accy.
Wigan though...nah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.