Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

The postponed game against Brentford will not be played now; Brentford have been awarded the three points on the basis of a nominal 1-0 victory. Bolton are now facing disciplinary proceedings after being deemed guilty of misconduct.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/efl-statement-bolton-wanderers-v-brentford-update
Has this ever happened previously,where a club has not been able to fulfil a fixture? If it has happened what were the consequences for the club involved? i.e. points deduction,etc.

Has this ever happened previously,where a club has not been able to fulfil a fixture? If it has happened what were the consequences for the club involved? i.e. points deduction,etc.
Blackburn Rovers under Hughes. Said they hadn't enough senior pros fit and ducked a game, despite league refusing postponement.. Think they got points deducted and a fine.
Maybe I have false memory
21 December 1996: Bryan Robson's Boro call in sick with flu https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...gh-flu?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard......

Last edited:
Bolton are going to be hit with a points deduction that will guarantee their relegation next season.

Bolton are going to be hit with a points deduction that will guarantee their relegation next season.
Relegation is the least of their worries. Rogue chairmen always bring you down and theirs is a corker. In serious danger of closure if no credible buyer steps forward.

Relegation is the least of their worries. Rogue chairmen always bring you down and theirs is a corker. In serious danger of closure if no credible buyer steps forward.

Apparently they are in 41 million of debt. Ouch.

Close 3 sides of the ground and let Horwich RMI return to Horwich.
I know they've been Leigh RMI and now Leigh Genesis but would they fancy a return to their original town?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.