Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

And yet the authorities try to stop clubs and owners like ours?
Agreed. It's a strange world where the football authorities are happy to spend millions of pounds trying to prevent our owners from investing in their successful and sustainable business. We have a business model that has created thousands of jobs and made huge profits for our owners (who have more than doubled the value of their investment) and we are seen as "the bad guys."
One of the reasons clubs like Bolton can't attract external investment is the FFP rules which prevent any ambitous owners from making large initial outlays on players. If the rules are not changed even major clubs like Everton will have no chance of developing their full potential.

The hearing today has been adjourned till early April, with a new investor in the pipeline.

Interesting quote on the BBC story....

"The potential new buyer is said to already own a major stake in a "high-level football club"."

Mike Ashley

The hearing today has been adjourned till early April, with a new investor in the pipeline.

Interesting quote on the BBC story....

"The potential new buyer is said to already own a major stake in a "high-level football club"."

HRH has finally got bored, and is flogging City to the crass of '92 for a fiver, so that he can buy Notlob.

;-)

Some scathing comments from Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning (11.25am): https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17513495.live-blog-bolton-wanderers-in-the-high-court/

"I'd be concerned for Ken Anderson, if he's allowed this to happen, rather than take the easier admin route. He can still do a deal for the well-being of Bolton through a CVA where they are protected. He hasn't taken that path and put Bolton into a situation where they could be liquidated... this is the worst kind of ownership that you can ever see.

I'm perplexed at how a £25m deal isn't getting done. Bolton must be in a position where the bulk of their restructuring has been done and I can only assume Ken wants to be able to achieve the maximum return for Ken at the same time as Bolton... you do have a responsibility when you take on a football club. You become a custodian - especially one like Bolton which is having to be rebuilt. Otherwise you have no business being involved in football.

You go into admin, you go into a CVA, protect yourself from the courts and creditors and give yourself some room to restructure. The consequences of that are a 12 point penalty but it's far less than liquidation - which is game over Bolton Wanderers.

I think they have been badly managed by a variety of different people. If you buy or own a football club, even in the Premier League, you are going to have to go into your pocket and fund a football club. You don't get a free pass. You don't get to pay yourself, you support it, and I don't believe that is what has happened at Bolton. It has been seen as an opportunity to make money.

This is a significant football club. It might be a slightly parochial one, it sits on the outside of an area rich in football clubs, but it is one who has a wonderful stadium and a great fanbase. Like most things, when the wheels come off at a football club the dip can be quite significant... there are people who accquire a club who don't have their best interest in mind. I, unfortunately, would put the current incumbent/owner of Bolton in that category."

Some scathing comments from Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning (11.25am): https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17513495.live-blog-bolton-wanderers-in-the-high-court/

"I'd be concerned for Ken Anderson, if he's allowed this to happen, rather than take the easier admin route. He can still do a deal for the well-being of Bolton through a CVA where they are protected. He hasn't taken that path and put Bolton into a situation where they could be liquidated... this is the worst kind of ownership that you can ever see.

I'm perplexed at how a £25m deal isn't getting done. Bolton must be in a position where the bulk of their restructuring has been done and I can only assume Ken wants to be able to achieve the maximum return for Ken at the same time as Bolton... you do have a responsibility when you take on a football club. You become a custodian - especially one like Bolton which is having to be rebuilt. Otherwise you have no business being involved in football.

You go into admin, you go into a CVA, protect yourself from the courts and creditors and give yourself some room to restructure. The consequences of that are a 12 point penalty but it's far less than liquidation - which is game over Bolton Wanderers.

I think they have been badly managed by a variety of different people. If you buy or own a football club, even in the Premier League, you are going to have to go into your pocket and fund a football club. You don't get a free pass. You don't get to pay yourself, you support it, and I don't believe that is what has happened at Bolton. It has been seen as an opportunity to make money.

This is a significant football club. It might be a slightly parochial one, it sits on the outside of an area rich in football clubs, but it is one who has a wonderful stadium and a great fanbase. Like most things, when the wheels come off at a football club the dip can be quite significant... there are people who accquire a club who don't have their best interest in mind. I, unfortunately, would put the current incumbent/owner of Bolton in that category."
I love it when Simon Jordan tells other people how to run a football club

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.