Bolton (merged) Lennon leaves club

There but for the Grace Of Mansour go we.

i can't gloat at any football club (unless it was Man Utd) facing ruin. They have fans, some of who are my friends, who have given their life to the club.

I hope they sort it out for the fans' sake.

+1.

If a few of them took the piss back in the day, well that's standard football banter and hardly a hanging offence. What do people expect when they have spent most of the last few decades in the shadow of the two big Manchester clubs?

I recall walking to the ground that day and it was the only away game I took the (ex) wife to (as we were attending a wedding reception in Horwich that evening!)
We were near the ground when 2 blues over took us wearing colours. This one knob walking next to us, started going ''sniff sniff, I can smell a City fan''.
I interrupted him and asked ''are you blind? Coz everyone else can see them''.
The twat quickly shut the fuck up
Took Mrs Moon to the 'friendly' there probably Lofthouses 4th or 5th testimonial (he did seem to have a few), thought it would be a chilled evening.....groups if them in doorways looking for 'normal' people to fight. Running fights and cops everywhere.

Fuck them and all who support them.

Shame really I did not like the Chairman who seemed to take delight in having digs at us when we were down. But this is a bigger problem in Football in that some clubs are never going to be sustainable unless they are in the Premier League, some through want of their past glory like Leeds can limp along for years, I would wager that a large proportion of the crowds at Bolton when they were in the Prem were only there to see top class football, most people apart from true die hard fans are not interested in Championship football

How did you end up supporting City?

Well my Dad is a Football man, he'd play the game and also go to watch any team in GTR Manchester/Lancashire.
He started supporting Bolton when he started working on the Elecy Board which was near Burnden Park.
Before that he would go and watch Bury, then City when Colin Bell signed from Bury to City.
My Aunt did the same.
My Grandfather used to go to Maine Road in the 40's/50's
So I've had it instilled in me to hate Man Utd lol.
I couldn't choose utd as my team in my teens (mid 90's)
And also found it quite cheap to go and watch City as well.
So it worked in my favour being a kid with no money to watch City when they played in the lower leagues as the prices were cheap.

But back on topic, I can understand why Blues are saying they came across fans of say Bolton who would've been cunts looking to fight and so on, so they have no sympathy, but all clubs have scumbags as fans and the majority are just everyday people.

If only some smart arse at the football league fa or UEFA could come up with some plan to limit owner investment and prevent these clubs from spending above there means. Maybe a big fine will help the situation .

Apart from sitting next to Kinky at one of our games there, i wont miss them I'm sorry to say.

I don't like to see any football club particularly go out of business. Even the rags, I'd rather they languished in non-league hell for all eternity than disappeared entirely.

Grates slightly as I remember being told by more than one of their fans on a number of occasions that Bolton were a club being run in the correct way, not over-stretching and having measured success under Fat Sam, whereas we were doing it the wrong way and buying success.

What I will never forgive Bolton for is the bland, non- aspiring football they played at our place over the last decade or so, ripping the soul and passion out of the atmosphere and robbing blind the fans who had paid to see a game of football, even trying to pass it off as 'tactics'. Made Chelsea look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think we finished off Big Sam at Bolton! I was in the posh seats at the time and was sat about 10 east away from him (when he would sit in the stand). I’m sur ewe won and he was sacked after that game! Look where that has taken them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.