Bolton (merged with Coyle gone)

i sat next to phil brown at a charity event about 2 years ago. he is actualy ten times more offensive face to face than he appears in the media. i am guessing he was pissed but he was telling me about how many women fancied him and how he wanted the Newcastle job. This was after he had been sacked by Hull. Spent all night telling me how he got Bolton in Europe and Hull in the prem and kept them up. One of top 5 wankers i have ever met.

peoffrey said:
Ray78 said:
They should avoid Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley and Phil Brown. Mick McCarthy, Holloway or McLeish are not a bad shout to get them promoted.

Curbishley rightly hasn't been strongly considered anywhere since he walked out on West Ham for preferring to see the Club put in to administration over selling players. Bolton should look away from the same old names and find an ambitious Manager overachieving elsewhere, IMHO.

I'm not sure if there's a boss in League One doing exceptionally well and keen for a challenge?

Paolo-DiCanio_1903248c.jpg

There's your man.

Not McLeish. If Bolton's fans hated Megson, McLeish would send them over the edge.

Think they'll go for Ince or an outsider like Robinson (MK Dons).
Coyle's reputation was built on a victory over the scum when at Burnley and being a decent bloke.
Some Bolton fans certainly began to doubt him when they lost the semi to Stoke so comprehensively.

Unknown_Genius said:
peoffrey said:
Ray78 said:
They should avoid Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley and Phil Brown. Mick McCarthy, Holloway or McLeish are not a bad shout to get them promoted.

Curbishley rightly hasn't been strongly considered anywhere since he walked out on West Ham for preferring to see the Club put in to administration over selling players. Bolton should look away from the same old names and find an ambitious Manager overachieving elsewhere, IMHO.

I'm not sure if there's a boss in League One doing exceptionally well and keen for a challenge?

Paolo-DiCanio_1903248c.jpg

There's your man.

Not McLeish. If Bolton's fans hated Megson, McLeish would send them over the edge.

Could be a go-er, Swindon had a transfer embargo imposed recently for over expenditure on signings so frustrations may turn into doubts about how far the club can go, but I imagine Swindon would want a big compensation package before letting him go and PDC seems like the type to stick with Swindon for now anyway, he could get a Job at a championship club next season in a better shape than Bolton maybe one of the relegated teams from this season.

mansour's tow ropes said:
did anyone hear amir khan on TS saying he wants Roy Keane?

That's coming from a guy that gets punched in the head for a living.

This names like K***e or Curbishley wouldn't excite me if I was a Bolton fan. Neither have managed in football for ages or hardly took some time off after good success like Mancini had before he came here. It's going to be the same old names tossed around.

Clubs like Burnley, Preston or Rochdale found a new Manager who was working elsewhere. Someone involved on a daily basis.

peoffrey said:
This names like K***e or Curbishley wouldn't excite me if I was a Bolton fan. Neither have managed in football for ages or hardly took some time off after good success like Mancini had before he came here. It's going to be the same old names tossed around.

Clubs like Burnley, Preston or Rochdale found a new Manager who was working elsewhere. Someone involved on a daily basis.
Mancini didnt take time off. He was in a contract dispute with Inter, as Inter refused to pay his full compensation. Since full compensation had to be paid for the contract to be legally terminated, Mancini was not allowed to manage other clubs during the gap. When the City job became available, he settled for a much reduced compensation from Inter, in order to take over at City.

Ragnarok said:
peoffrey said:

Mancini didnt take time off. He was in a contract dispute with Inter, as Inter refused to pay his full compensation. Since full compensation had to be paid for the contract to be legally terminated, Mancini was not allowed to manage other clubs during the gap. When the City job became available, he settled for a much reduced compensation from Inter, in order to take over at City.

Really? Well, you learn something new every day. Hopefully he won't announce his own departure in advance at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.