Bolton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: James Milner

he was fantastic today,really really good game.look quick and very sharp throughout the 90 minutes.

Tense game, but lots of positives to take from the game.

Hart - 6 - not much to do
Richards - 8 continues to impress both in offense and defense
Kolarov - 8 - much more composed and intelligent use of the ball
Kompany/Lescott - 7 - don't think they did much wrong tbh, criticism of Lescott is harsh
Milner/Barry - 9 - both very strong in midfield
Yaya - 6 - okay, but subdued
Aguero - 7 - not great, but could have had a hattrick so can't complain
Dzeko - 9 - a very strong performance
Silva - 8 - controversial, but a few times I thought he could have used the ball better and released it quicker by his own standards on occassion - still immense though

Re: James Milner

really pleased for the lad to be honest - recieved a fair amount of shit from some - after today i just hope we as fans from here on in back the lad and we dont have any of the "he aint good enough for where we are going shit"

Re: Missed de Jong Big Time!!

Bigga said:
taconinja said:
Bigga said:
I gotta say, I've never seen Kompany, Lescott or Kolarov pass it back to Hart so much!! Usually, it's de Jong that passes it back with Hart having plenty of time on it. Passing back in the last third is not good and is signs of not being happy with who's in front of them, situation-wise.
Okay, that's a bit silly.

No, it's not!!

De Jong only goes back when he's unsure of the options ahead of him. He's in the latter middle third, most of the time. He'll go across or go back to Hart. Today, 3 of our back 4 did this regularly and none of the mid, that I can think of.

What does that say?

To me, it says the mid were pressed or allowed themselves to be pressed. NdJ circumnavigates this with his movement, coming to collect the ball or pre-empting problems in the mid.

Sure, it slows us down a touch, but we retain better control as a whole and counter much more effectively.

I know what I see, even if others don't get it.

what i seen was the midfield passing and bringing the ball forward for a change!

brilliant game by city we seem to play more free an fluent passing football without de jong an tevez two off our better players , great permanence all round glad to finally see the best of millner and dzeko ie tevez has always been a greedy player so i don't see why people are now going on about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.