Lescott - 7.5
Kolarov - 7

Milner - 8.5
Barry - 9
Yaya - 7
Spanish - 9

Aguero - 6.5
Dzeko - 8.5
Surely 'Silva' is infinitely easier to type?

strongbowholic said:

But "Spanish" is the infinitely more beautiful word; a word fit for the man's play. "Silva", whilst retaining the sibilance, contains a 'v' which sounds slightly coarse and perhaps Germanic - the black sheep of phonaesthetics. We wouldn't want that.

His proper nickname, the one he goes by in my mind, is Spanish Dave. Spanish being the shortened version. Interestingly enough, Spanish Dave is euphonious in itself, having the same word structure, syllables and sound as "Cellar Door", a favourite of J.R.R Tolkien.

nashark said:
strongbowholic said:

But "Spanish" is the infinitely more beautiful word; a word fit for the man's play. "Silva", whilst retaining the sibilance, contains a 'v' which sounds slightly coarse and perhaps Germanic - the black sheep of phonaesthetics. We wouldn't want that.

His proper nickname, the one he goes by in my mind, is Spanish Dave. Spanish being the shortened version. Interestingly enough, Spanish Dave is euphonious in itself, having the same word structure, syllables and sound as "Cellar Door", a favourite of J.R.R Tolkien.

Brilliant...Just brilliant haha

I thought the game yesterday was good, the fans were in superb voice and the players put in a good shift. Couldn't believe how dirty Bolton were, Davies could easily have been sent off in the first half. What pisss me off is that he likes to dish it out but as soon as he gets a tap in the back he's rolling on the floor like he's been hit by a sniper.

I am especially happy for Dzeko, I knew he woud come good, it was just a matter of getting a pre season under his belt, his vision, hold up and link up play were superb with Silva and Milner. Just goes to show that some of you guys are too quick to judge.

nashark said:
strongbowholic said:

Silva sounds not too disimilar to a precious metal and rather more pleasing to the ear than a simple nod to linguistic and cultural heritage? After all, as Pepys famously wrote in his diary:

Monday, 3rd of Ye Spetember 1666
"Silver (sic - he was a useless speller) is both wonderous and lustrous. It dazzles the the mind and glints in the eye like no other. Even better than Berkovic. Now will someone put that fucking fire out for God's sake!"

strongbowholic said:
nashark said:
strongbowholic said:

Silva sounds not too disimilar to a precious metal and rather more pleasing to the ear than a simple nod to linguistic and cultural heritage? After all, as Pepys famously wrote in his diary:

"Silver (sic - he was a useless speller) is both wonderous and lustrous. It dazzles the the mind and glints in the eye like no other. Even better than Berkovic. Now will someone put that fucking fire out for God's sake!"

Lol. Pepys reference on a football forum - that's my kind of guy.

byronic said:
strongbowholic said:
nashark said:

Lol. Pepys reference on a football forum - that's my kind of guy.

Maybe it's Joey Barton posting under an alias

Ragnarok said:
No more free flowing attacking football please , my nails cant take it

PMSL at that.

Being a City Supporter, I'm surprised you have any left. Mine went years ago.

Its an incurable condition I'm afraid.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 pm --<br /><br />
RandomJ said:
I hate being negative after a win but I was saying this last season and I'll say it again. Lescott is not good enough for where we want to be.

He is clumsy, out jumped by shorter players and can't clear a ball even when he has two attempts at it. We need a better partner for Kompany because this clown will cost us points this season and a few goals at the other end dosen't justify his place.

That out of the way was very impressed by our attack it's just so good and I can see the shit trickling down other team's legs as they run at them.

I agree about Joleon. I suspect he'll be dropped as soon as Kolo is eligible again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.