Bolton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Keith Moon said:
Anyone got a good link to the goals?

Thanks Shady!!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/silva-barry-golazo-dzeko-fire-man-city-to-3-2-win-at-bolton/103252/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/silva-barr ... on/103252/</a>

Re: Without sounding like a broken record.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
How bad was the ref today?

I've made my views on refs on many occasions but how many times can this go on?

How many free kicks are given outside our box?

Oh well its great to know that even corrupt/incompetent officials can't stop us.

The ref was awful, but in many ways, it's a problem of our own making. Lescott, Kompany and Barry all tend to barge into the back of players making little noticeable attempt to get the ball, seemingly in an effort to be physically imposing. Opposition player goes down = freekick, almost every time.

It's partly bad refereeing, because most of them are nowhere near freekicks, but that's the way the game is at the moment, and to continue doing it is just really, really dumb.

Re: Without sounding like a broken record.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
How bad was the ref today?

I've made my views on refs on many occasions but how many times can this go on?

How many free kicks are given outside our box?

Oh well its great to know that even corrupt/incompetent officials can't stop us.

The ref was awful, but in many ways, it's a problem of our own making. Lescott, Kompany and Barry all tend to barge into the back of players making little noticeable attempt to get the ball, seemingly in an effort to be physically imposing. Opposition player goes down = freekick, almost every time.

It's partly bad refereeing, because most of them are nowhere near freekicks, but that's the way the game is at the moment, and to continue doing it is just really, really dumb.

They were over keen and a bit clumsy. It didn't take a genius to realise they had more chance of scoring from a free kick in Barry's position than in open play. Barry didn't look too impressed, most of the time he and the other players looked to have the situation under control.

Re: Who was your MOM then?

Big G said:
bluemoon27 said:
Big G said:
For me is was Dzeko, always seemed a threat, seemed to be coming away with the ball in the tackle, some great touches in there, completely different player than last season.
If anything I thought Silva was our worst player (7/10) as he gave the ball away too cheaply.
Milner had a cracker, Barry was brilliant, Aguero looked hungry and threatening.

really he was all over the place and mom was between him and Dzeko,lescott could have been etter for both there goals 1st one he lost his man Klasnic,then 2nd was caught flat footed and Davies never had to jump that high for his goal

Watch the 1st goal again, Komps leaves Klasnic and Lescott then tries to cover his ass.

just watched again and i was right mate kompany was never near klasnic at anytime,he was lescotts man even in all the build up to the goal

NOT slating Silva - want to make that clear. He was outstanding again yesterday, apart from one mistake.

His attempted header away was powder puff stuff and lead to their goal.

However, NOT (can't stress that enough) slating the guy. he is a genius and I still want his babies.

As long as we win the games we should win and do our utmost against the rest, no reason to think City can't challenge for the title.

We should beat Bolton away, soon City will feel they can always win these types of semi-difficult fixtures the way United and Chelsea have done in the past.

IMO I just don't get Milner! distinctly average!

Enjoyed the more attacking play, however, defence needs to wake up. Richards was at fault for their first goal. As a fullback you need to be touch tight and stop the crosses coming in. Lescott out jumped for second.

Good to see Dzeko starting to click, great to see him chasing back when he/we lost posession.

Nasri in Milner out please.

Milner is a quality player. He had a superb game yesterday.

Give the lad a chance. You cannot expect any player to turn up and be a world beater on day one, except Aguero.

The lad is making progress and is improving and wants to play for his position. And I might add will do a job wherever he is put.

If we binned every player after a few games where would we be? Well we would have dumped Lescott for sure. IMO the improvement in Lescott from Christmas onwards was one of the main reasons for getting 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.