Bolton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Jasondh said:
Milner is a quality player. He had a superb game yesterday.

Give the lad a chance. You cannot expect any player to turn up and be a world beater on day one, except Aguero.

The lad is making progress and is improving and wants to play for his position. And I might add will do a job wherever he is put.

If we binned every player after a few games where would we be? Well we would have dumped Lescott for sure. IMO the improvement in Lescott from Christmas onwards was one of the main reasons for getting 3rd.
Amen.

binns said:
I see the Tevez "knockers" are starting to surface.
He is no more or less selfish than he was last season when he regularly was the difference between us and our opponents.
He may or may not be staying but while he's here lets make the most of him.
Alienating him will be playing into the hands of our opponents!

Good point. Unfortunately he's made a rod for his own back - a brighter person would no doubt have kept his thoughts about Manchester to himself until after he's gone. I wasn't at all surprised with his behaviour at the FT whistle. I reckon he's of a mind to put in 100% when on the pitch but that's it. No acknowledgement of the fans etc. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be here and I think he'd feel a bit silly coming over to applaud us. It would be interesting to see his reaction to scoring a goal, though.
I think he'll be at City until January at least but I doubt that we'll see the same Tevez as last season. As you say, we may as well use him in the meantime and if he weighs in with a few goals then all well & good.

strongbowholic said:
Noticed today that Mancini left 3 up front when Bolton had corners to keep some of their big players out of the box. Nice touch.
This.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
NOT slating Silva - want to make that clear. He was outstanding again yesterday, apart from one mistake.

His attempted header away was powder puff stuff and lead to their goal.

However, NOT (can't stress that enough) slating the guy. he is a genius and I still want his babies.

Why are you slating Silva ?

olddirty said:
strongbowholic said:
Noticed today that Mancini left 3 up front when Bolton had corners to keep some of their big players out of the box. Nice touch.
This.
At the risk of innuendo/double entendre, it's just a pity we're a bit slow at emptying the box. Very happy though.

boateng said:
Is anyone slightly dissapointed with Kun?

He should have scored at least twice imo.

lonely_fisherman.jpg

Nobody Biting.

olddirty said:
strongbowholic said:
This.

-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm --

strongbowholic said:
NOT slating Silva - want to make that clear. He was outstanding again yesterday, apart from one mistake.

However, NOT (can't stress that enough) slating the guy. he is a genius and I still want his babies.

Lol! I want his babies. He made one mistake, but I still want his babies!<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 am --<br /><br />
BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
binns said:
He is no more or less selfish than he was last season when he regularly was the difference between us and our opponents.

Good point. Unfortunately he's made a rod for his own back - a brighter person would no doubt have kept his thoughts about Manchester to himself until after he's gone. I wasn't at all surprised with his behaviour at the FT whistle. I reckon he's of a mind to put in 100% when on the pitch but that's it. No acknowledgement of the fans etc. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be here and I think he'd feel a bit silly coming over to applaud us. It would be interesting to see his reaction to scoring a goal, though.
I think he'll be at City until January at least but I doubt that we'll see the same Tevez as last season. As you say, we may as well use him in the meantime and if he weighs in with a few goals then all well & good.

Tevez did not acknowledge the fans? I would have sworn blind he turned to the fans and applauded before he walked off?

strongbowholic said:
olddirty said:
strongbowholic said:
This.

-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm --

strongbowholic said:

Lol! I want his babies. He made one mistake, but I still want his babies!

-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 am --

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
binns said:

Tevez did not acknowledge the fans? I would have sworn blind he turned to the fans and applauded before he walked off?

You could be right - maybe I missed that as I was looking at the main body of the team on the pitch. I just saw him walking off towards the tunnel on his own.

if anyone missed MOTD 2

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=230631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=230631</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.