Bolton Wanderers debt

I know it sounds bad but I won't be shedding any tears if they followed Stockport.

So Mr Gartside, can you please remind us how you compred City and Bolton about 15 years ago.....

Manc in London said:
I know it sounds bad but I won't be shedding any tears if they followed Stockport.

So Mr Gartside, can you please remind us how you compred City and Bolton about 15 years ago.....

I was just about to post a Stockport/Bolton karma post.

blue b4 the moon said:
Manc in London said:

I was just about to post a Stockport/Bolton karma post.

It was one of the most hurtful things said about us, when we were really down on our luck

waspish said:
Thing is If FFP was in the premier 15 years ago teams with small income wouldn't be in trouble now. But what do disagree with FFP is if a multi billionaire want invest and right of the debt they should be aloud to as long as that club ends up with manageable debt based on income..
I wonder how many owners such as Eddie Davis wanted FFP so they are not throwing good money after bad so to speak....basically they have a good reason now to cut their losses and keep their own money in their own pockets

big blueballs said:
waspish said:
Thing is If FFP was in the premier 15 years ago teams with small income wouldn't be in trouble now. But what do disagree with FFP is if a multi billionaire want invest and right of the debt they should be aloud to as long as that club ends up with manageable debt based on income..
I wonder how many owners such as Eddie Davis wanted FFP so they are not throwing good money after bad so to speak....basically they have a good reason now to cut their losses and keep their own money in their own pockets

Yep it give chairman excuses not to spend

When they were a prem club Gartside was like Whelan one of those rent-a-gob small town chairmen who popped up on the radio - quite often coz they were an over achieving team and a club run on tight financial lines..... yeah right.

Problem with these people they let their modest success go to their heads - change managers from a guy who's got them stability to a new manager - often managers - and splash the cash on flair players as winning is no longer enough - now they expect to win with style

It goes tits up and the fans fuck off - look at Boro-average gate now about 16 !! - and the spiral down accelerates

However we look back when Mr Gartside was bragging and yes poking the lion with his shitty little stick.... good luck on getting finance into your shitty club Mr Gartside - people with money want to back a winner and get value for their money - an example of just that can be found down the road from you in a place called the Etihad

UlsterCitizen said:
So one of the biggest proponents of FFP are now hamstrung by FFP, very sad :)

Well said Ulsterman. Justice comes to those who wait. Have no sympathy with Bolton or Gartside whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.