Booing/Abusing our own players

karen7 said:
LoveCity said:
Last time I can recall any significant booing aimed at the team, if my memory isn't playing up, was half-time against Swansea in October 2012 when it was 0-0. We had been turgid and some felt the need to boo... (we won the game 1-0, Tevez). Correct me if I'm thinking of the wrong game, there was a half-time boofest last season and we created nothing in the first half in that game.

It was the swansea game,the team were playing at walking pace, was surprised to hear it but they came out 2nd half and were better and tevez scored a long range bullet

There are a couple of our players I'd love to abuse Karen

bobmcfc said:
karen7 said:
LoveCity said:
Last time I can recall any significant booing aimed at the team, if my memory isn't playing up, was half-time against Swansea in October 2012 when it was 0-0. We had been turgid and some felt the need to boo... (we won the game 1-0, Tevez). Correct me if I'm thinking of the wrong game, there was a half-time boofest last season and we created nothing in the first half in that game.

It was the swansea game,the team were playing at walking pace, was surprised to hear it but they came out 2nd half and were better and tevez scored a long range bullet

Thats a whole other x rated thread!

karen7 said:
bobmcfc said:
karen7 said:

Thats a whole other x rated thread!

Lol

Marvin said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
There was an angry old fella right near us in towards the back of the lower tier who spent a good hour calling all the players *****, particularly Dzeko, at the top of his voice.

The atmosphere started well, and we took a huge following there, but as the game was so shite the atmosphere suffered and gave way to frustration. The angry types that love to stick it to their own were in their environment at that point.

Then again they are in the minority. Can't help but laugh at them really, they come out with some absolute corkers.

Some people just need to get a grip and realise their tantrums and abuse aren't constructive. If they're not bandwagon blues, and most of them aren't, a quick reflection on how far we've come might be in order. Then again, I doubt the players hear much of it. Still, it's embarrassing to think they do, we must come across as a right bunch of spoilt ***** sometimes, dummies spat out at a single misplaced pass or poor touch.

Let's not get carried away boys and girls, the day our support becomes the entitled and cretinous reflection of our Trafford neighbours is the day I pack it in.
Apart from a few months after the QPR win, I doubt there has been a better time to be a City fan. We're in the hunt for 4 trophies, and Utd are struggling just to qualify for the Champions League, but so far this season we've won nothing. There's so much to play for, but you have to go out and take it, or it slips through your fingers. Someone tell Dzeko!! The best natural goal-scorer at the club, but I think he can give more

Well said, unfortunately football attracts people who have naturally angry and hostile personalities. They just cant seem to handle situations when things arn't going well according to their thinking. in fact they must be awful to work or live with. Furthermore anyone calling Lescott names should be banned for life theres no room for these low lifes.

weird, never heard any booing at the etihad. heard people venting frustration (shouting, general grunting) but never once have i heard our own players boo'd. does the OP care to specify which game garcia and dzeko have been boo'd? would love to know

There's nowt wrong with the odd shout of "FOR FUCK'S SAKE [players name] YOU'RE FUCKING STOOD STILL, PULL YER FINGER OUT WILL YOU" as the player's head sinks as he didn't receive a pass even though he's made no attempt to find space or make a run. People who often do that sort of thing are often the first ones to be on their feet clapping and saying well done to the same player when they do something right.

People saying you shouldn't air frustrations at players are wrong, as long as it's justified and it's not scapegoating or singling someone out just because they don't like them - sometimes it's justified criticism and fans are as much part of the game as the players are and when you've had to pay the amount we have to pay for matches they have every right to air frustrations. Just because we're really good doesn't mean that's ever going to change, nor should it. Go to any ground at any level in many different countries and it's the same.

Instances like when Kolarov was bood last season by some mard arses in the South Stand just because he told them to fuck off, i was actaully on Kolarov's side for that. He got an unbalanced amount of shit from our support at times just because some people don't rate him that highly. Nasri used to get it too. He'd have a good game and then misplace one single pass and you'd get people on their feet shouting "FUCKING HELL NASRI, YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT...GET HIM OFF!" That sort of shit is bollocks. I have heard boos when Garcia's name is called out over the tannoy if he's in the starting line-up or comes on as a sub - it does happen. That's not right at all.

This Lescott incident is the worst kind though; personal insults. Hopefully Joleon is the sort of chap who can let it slide and not let it bother him, surely he's mature enough to do that. But even so he shouldn't have to listen to it from his own supporters.

stimo said:
weird, never heard any booing at the etihad. heard people venting frustration (shouting, general grunting) but never once have i heard our own players boo'd. does the OP care to specify which game garcia and dzeko have been boo'd? would love to know

Ive heard Garcias name boo'ed as the teamsheet is read out before the game before. Cant recall which game exactly but it was in December

Bluemoon230989 said:
kupest said:
This is one of the worse things to do and us City fans have been getting rather good at it now. As mentioned on the Lescott thread, he has come out on twitter and said that he had been abused by our own fans. This is the second instance after Dzeko and Garcia (though some disagree) were booed by our own fans at the Etihad very clearly. These guys give a 100% for the club even if its a small game. You could see Boyata yesterday looking on anxiously at the result after he had been sent off. Yes they might lack the quality but they dont lack the effort (Dzeko at times).
However it is totally Pellegrini's decision to put them on the pitch based on what he sees in training and what every player has to offer. Lescott is not going to turn into Vincent Kompany or Garcia into Yaya or Dzeko into Aguero if we abuse/boo them. They are showing enough commitment and drive to be in the XI ahead of a few other people.

Honestly all most of us are asking to the small group is to not be so obnoxious and abuse our own players because this is getting out of hand and we are just turning into the rags. Garcia could have very well told MP not to play him at CB, imagine Ronaldo's reaction if he had been played out of position.
Also why do we need to abuse our players right now? This is the current group who have managed 10 wins and 2 draws in the previous 12 freaking games ! It is not like we are on a 5 game losing streak.

Sums it up perfectly.

Booing your own players? Call yourself a supporter? Fuck off back to doing whatever you used to do on match days.

Using the Tevez example I stated I would neither applaud him or boo him (until we won the league trusting that's what Mancini was aiming for). I was angry for what he did, but at the end of the day the manager trusted him and we was putting a shift in for the club.

Never boo your players. The manager has picked them, back them, get on with it for 90 minutes.

For the minority who claim they pay their wages: if you weren't there, we all still would be, and so would the TV cameras.

If a player just doesn't give a fook and can't be arsed, they deserve to be bood . It's just a pity we do have too many fans that just have to be on someone's back, whether it's kolorov,Garcia,dzeko ect . It's not fookin cool at all and these people need to have words with themselves ask themselves whether they think it's at all constructive . I think the players iv mentioned have played well this season !.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.