Booing former players

I was thinking about this and the semi-related topic of players celebrating against former clubs last night as I listened to the BBC podcast of the league cup day.

The commentator said he hoped Sterling didn't celebrate too much in front of his former fans.

I was dumbstruck. God forbid he look happy after vindicating a transfer which turned his life upside down. God forbid the 30,000 who booed him for 2 hours see him celebrate!

The fans who sent death wishes to his infant daughter, who crept past security to assault him after the game.

How awful it would be if he celebrated the first trophy of his career while they were present.

They'll say the same tomorrow night, they'll ask him if he'll celebrate if he scores and he'll say no, despite the fact 50,000 will spend the game abusing him, apparently it would be awful for him to celebrate a goal.

But if he did celebrate, even just a little, they'd crucify the kid.

I can't stand it - and IMO it's all related. Now it's not a good gesture to not celebrate if you're against an old club- it's just the minimum requirement.

Similarly unless you depart your former club to go to a smaller club with a lower pay check, or after wasting an amount of your career the fans seem acceptable - then you are a SNAKE! A traitor, a judas, and must be booed for the next 10 years.

Sorry for the rant but it winds me up.

It's like Stuart Pearce said during his commentary in reference to the Dippers booing Sterling "it's a sign of the modern day football fan when you boo a player that's just earnt your club £50 million"

It's like Stuart Pearce said during his commentary in reference to the Dippers booing Sterling "it's a sign of the modern day football fan when you boo a player that's just earnt your club £50 million"

The irony is if Suarez came back he would be cheered to the rafters.

In the dippers eyes, Barca bigger, us smaller.

The only way I could see myself booing a former player would be if he wrongfully bad mouthed the club/city. Other than that, wtf?

Didn't hear any stick for Jimmy Kolo or Sturridge on Sunday, although Sturridge has had some in the past. Liverpool fans are horrible fucking cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.