Booing former players

all of Sir Joseph of Huyton's sins forgiven for his vital part in the QPR game

It's like Stuart Pearce said during his commentary in reference to the Dippers booing Sterling "it's a sign of the modern day football fan when you boo a player that's just earnt your club £50 million"

£30.8m went to Liverpool

The other £13.2m went to QPR and Sterling.

I don't recall either City or United supporters booing Denis Law. Disrespect could be just a sign of the times, who knows?

Yep so would sterling if he signed for a Real Madrid, Liverpool fans can't take that they are now a midtable tobob Team.

They hated the rags that much that when we came along they were pleased without actually realising it was them that would suffer at our hands.

Sturridge and Milner were getting dogs abuse near me. Particularly Milner. I find it a bit odd too.
Yes don't understand the Milner thing as always thought he was good for us. The Sturridge thing also baffles me as we seem to give him abuse for the same reason the scousers slag Sterling about being a greedy Roger Hunt...Most ex City players seem to get a good reception at the Etihad as far as I can see winning losing or drawing....

I was thinking about this and the semi-related topic of players celebrating against former clubs last night as I listened to the BBC podcast of the league cup day.

The commentator said he hoped Sterling didn't celebrate too much in front of his former fans.

I was dumbstruck. God forbid he look happy after vindicating a transfer which turned his life upside down. God forbid the 30,000 who booed him for 2 hours see him celebrate!

The fans who sent death wishes to his infant daughter, who crept past security to assault him after the game.

How awful it would be if he celebrated the first trophy of his career while they were present.

They'll say the same tomorrow night, they'll ask him if he'll celebrate if he scores and he'll say no, despite the fact 50,000 will spend the game abusing him, apparently it would be awful for him to celebrate a goal.

But if he did celebrate, even just a little, they'd crucify the kid.

I can't stand it - and IMO it's all related. Now it's not a good gesture to not celebrate if you're against an old club- it's just the minimum requirement.

Similarly unless you depart your former club to go to a smaller club with a lower pay check, or after wasting an amount of your career the fans seem acceptable - then you are a SNAKE! A traitor, a judas, and must be booed for the next 10 years.

Sorry for the rant but it winds me up.
Personally, I never got the don't celebrate against your old team rule :? I've always thought it should be conditional. Meaning if they show you respect, you return the favor.

The only thing I deeply appreciated about Adebayor's time here, was that magnificent run across the field to go celebrate in front of his haters. He seemed to get faster as he ran towards them. As if he couldn't get their fast enough.

And frankly, had I been a fan of a club who had been booing a former player and he scored then run cross field at top speed to celebrate, I'd probably stand up and clap him. 'Yep, you got one on me. Wish you had shown that much passion playing for us and I perhaps would have loved you' :)

But in fairness to the Arsenal fans, that was the most passion he showed in a City Jersey :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.