Booing former players

IMO the first match/game/fixture where an ex-player visits their old grounds is acceptable for booing.
-beyond the first match, it's quite pathetic and childish.

Football fans are fucking morons, in the main. The older I get the more I realise that. Why would you boo am ex player? We've done it ourselves, to Distin and Sturridge, but nothing like some of the club's we've co e up against. Liverpool's hypocrisy over Sterling was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in football.

Absolutely.
Childish and pathetic.

We do tend to give former players a decent reception regardless of who they've left us for but there has been the odd exception. Sturridge is one which I find ironic when I hear chants of "one greedy bastard", and another that stands out is Distin who gave us 5 good years and was one of the main reasons we stayed up in his final season with us. I never understood that one to be honest.

Football fans are fucking morons, in the main. The older I get the more I realise that. Why would you boo am ex player? We've done it ourselves, to Distin and Sturridge, but nothing like some of the club's we've co e up against. Liverpool's hypocrisy over Sterling was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in football.

Indeed, but what I find equally if not more laughable is the amount of opposition fans booing Sterling too. Fucking hell, even Hull fans were at it in the League Cup quarter final at our place - what the fuck has it got to do with them? It seems that too many football fans are swayed by the narrative of the media and as Sterling was almost universally painted as the villain of the piece, many fans have just latched on to that rather than engaging their brains.

Indeed, but what I find equally if not more laughable is the amount of opposition fans booing Sterling too. Fucking hell, even Hull fans were at it in the League Cup quarter final at our place - what the fuck has it got to do with them? It seems that too many football fans are swayed by the narrative of the media and as Sterling was almost universally painted as the villain of the piece, many fans have just latched on to that rather than engaging their brains.

This country love somebody to hate.
I am convinced Sterling will always have dogs abuse now, mud sticks.
Many on here might not like the comparison but I think he is the new Ashley Cole and love or hate Cole, he was vilified for footballing and non footballing reasons, but he went on to have an amazing career.
Sterling will have the last laugh I'm convinced

Got to be honest I never forgave David Wagstaffe when he went to wolves. I was 11 it really upset me ! Silly I know . I never booed him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.