Booing former players

Is it only me who thinks this is absolutely pathetic. Sad and pathetic.

A player who's a star for your club and who decides to leave is suddenly scum who should be booed all the time? Good god, get over it.

The shite Sterling had to put up with on Sunday was a bloody disgrace. We can expect the same again from the sad wankers. The pieces of shit aka fans at Arsenal have been booing Nasri for three years FFS. How fucking sad is that?

And when we played Liverpool on Sunday, or indeed in the league, did we boo Milner? No, we didn't, because we are not all complete arse holes.
Milner got a lot of shit on Sunday! Sturridge always gets boo'd and given the "one greedy bastard" chant. We give it to Barton and Distin after they left. We even boo'd Dickov and chanted "fuck off Dickov" at him after he dared to celebrate a penalty he scored against us.

I remember Peter Barnes getting booed after he left in 1979, however Gary Owen who also left in the same deal to WBA wasn't. I could never get my head round that, broke my heart when those two left and in their pomp as well.

i had forgotten about that, you made me cry again, twat.

Can't remember where but about a year or so ago I watched (or heard) an interview with Pete Barnes in which he clearly said he hadn't wanted to leave at the time, and neither had Gary Owen.

I was thinking about this and the semi-related topic of players celebrating against former clubs last night as I listened to the BBC podcast of the league cup day.

The commentator said he hoped Sterling didn't celebrate too much in front of his former fans.

I was dumbstruck. God forbid he look happy after vindicating a transfer which turned his life upside down. God forbid the 30,000 who booed him for 2 hours see him celebrate!

The fans who sent death wishes to his infant daughter, who crept past security to assault him after the game.

How awful it would be if he celebrated the first trophy of his career while they were present.

They'll say the same tomorrow night, they'll ask him if he'll celebrate if he scores and he'll say no, despite the fact 50,000 will spend the game abusing him, apparently it would be awful for him to celebrate a goal.

But if he did celebrate, even just a little, they'd crucify the kid.

I can't stand it - and IMO it's all related. Now it's not a good gesture to not celebrate if you're against an old club- it's just the minimum requirement.

Similarly unless you depart your former club to go to a smaller club with a lower pay check, or after wasting an amount of your career the fans seem acceptable - then you are a SNAKE! A traitor, a judas, and must be booed for the next 10 years.

Sorry for the rant but it winds me up.
I absolutely hate it when players don't celebrate goals they score against former clubs. Get fucking celebrating!

If the shoot-out on Sunday did go down to the last Liverpool taker - which would have been Milner - and he'd scored it as a winner for the cup and he ran off celebrating in joy...then i'd say "fair fucking play" to him.

One of my favourite ever celebrations is the Adebayor one. He only ever did two really good things for us and both were in that match. One, when he raked his studs down van Persie's face, and then the goal he scored accompanied by the celebration which caused these twats to lose the plot:
witchhunt.gif

I would never ever begrudge an ex-City player to celebrate a goal he scores against us.

Football fans are fucking morons, in the main. The older I get the more I realise that. Why would you boo am ex player? We've done it ourselves, to Distin and Sturridge, but nothing like some of the club's we've co e up against. Liverpool's hypocrisy over Sterling was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in football.

I totally agree with you. Its just so stupid. At the end of the day its a job. If you were offered the chance to work somewhere else, doing exactly the same thing, but at a better, more successful place, with a better salary, would you turn it down? Of course you wouldn't. The "there's only one greedy bastard" chant is the most pathetic chant in football, and I find fans of well established clubs, who have fallen on harder times, like Liverpool, Everton, Villa, etc. are the worst for that self entitlement attitude. The way they've hounded the likes of Barry, Delph, Sterling, Lescott, etc, has been embarrassing.

I never understood City fans who boo Boateng. I know the transfer didn't work out the way we hoped but I don't recall any bitterness on his side?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.