Booing former players

Lets not pretend we don't do it either. The only reason there's not many ex city players around that we boo now is because we're a club constantly on the up and there's not been a vital player that has requested to leave us for ages. (Milner was different as he wasn't getting games)

If we were to suddenly drop back to being a midtable team and everybody jumped ship, we'd be booing a lot of ex players too. It's just their coping mechanism for coming to terms with being insignificant in todays game. Let them boo, we'll continue winning trophies.

Ill boo Barton everytime for being an utter ****, and a knob head.

Seriously, why. What do you get out of it. Does it make you feel better. Does Barton hear you booing and suddenly repent of his sins and thank you for making him see the light.

I don't boo players but I can understand why some do boo players who have left because the manner of their leaving sometimes does leave a bad taste in the mouth.
The most obvious example being Sol Campbell who swore blind that he was going to sign a new contract for the team he was brought up playing for and loved and then promptly went on a free to their biggest rivals making himself a huge fee in the meantime.
Football generates emotions and no one likes someone who appears to disrespect their club. Barton was always a bit of a stupid twat but his comments about City when he went to Newcastle were never going to endear him to the City fans when he visited. I can't understand anyone abusing Milner who is a limited player( at the highest level) but who always gave everything when playing for the team but left because he wanted a bigger role, he never whinged in public when not selected.
The media got pretty heavily into the Sterling transfer and some of the reporting was dreadful but he is going to have to get used to some abuse when he plays Liverpool and try to thrive on it . It's the best way of answering back.

I don't boo players. However good receptions are reserved for those who left amicably. I have no problem with Milner for example, he made a choice and I have no issue with it. I appreciate what he did for us.

It's been going on for years. I remember some booing Paul Power when he scored for Everton against us in 87(?). My Grandad never normally swore (apart from about 'that Dirty B*stard Buchan) but he defintely swore at some that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.