Booing former players

Milner got a bit of shit near the end last night. I didn't feel any inclination to applaud him but neither did I feel the need to sing that he's a wanker. It was a frustrating night all round but I think we would have been better to just leave it.

The abuse Sturridge gets is unfounded and I'd hope we'd be better than that. While some may think he was arrogant, he was/is a much superior footballer than Ched Evans and deserved to play. His non-celebration against us after scoring a screamer a couple years back definetly earned my respect.

I'm not going to boo him however I think Milner engineered his move, or manipulated us and the club, as much as or more than Raheem.

First he says he wants to play more - he played more
then he wants to play in the middle - then he plays in the middle

I don't think for one second he had any intention of signing a new contract and had made his mind up long before the end of the season, proven by signing for Liverpool within 2 weeks of the season ending. I don't think negotiating a multi-million pound contract is normally worked out so quickly.

I've no problem with him leaving, and he never let his performance level drop, but he was a sneaky bastard the way he went about it.

I'm not going to boo him however I think Milner engineered his move, or manipulated us and the club, as much as or more than Raheem.

First he says he wants to play more - he played more
then he wants to play in the middle - then he plays in the middle

I don't think for one second he had any intention of signing a new contract and had made his mind up long before the end of the season, proven by signing for Liverpool within 2 weeks of the season ending. I don't think negotiating a multi-million pound contract is normally worked out so quickly.

I've no problem with him leaving, and he never let his performance level drop, but he was a sneaky bastard the way he went about it.

My view of the Milner fiasco. He bloody well knew he was off. Wouldn't be surprised if a handful of Dipper players had not suggested to him that he could play where he wanted were he to come to Anfield. He led us a dance down the garden path because he knew that no team would guarantee him a starting berth. 'Snot as though he was Silva, Yaya or Sergio. He knew what he was doing and he should have done the honourable thing and said that he would not sign a new contract because he wanted a fresh challenge. He did very well for us. There were games when he shone, but he has left a tarnished legacy.

As a long time city fan I am proud of the way we welcome back ex players to the club when they playing for other teams but can understand some of the comment made on here especially if the player bad mouths the club we love. But we are city we are the gentlemen and women of the football world the best fans in the land and all the world and we will fight to the end as fans backing the team we love so lets be the best fans and always welcome back ex players with a cheer not like the bindippers

Milner can get fucked.

He has no feelings for our club so that should be reciprocated.

Why anyone would clap him is beyond me as all he ever did was get paid well for his mediocre skills .

Alternatively, I wouldn't boo him as he's another sldo ran ex.

Why bother, fuck him.

Don't boo former players, and always give them a polite clap when the teams are announced, but that's where it ends.

It was clear from his celebration that he is happy to be where he is and somehow feels like people behind the scenes at City didn't do what he wanted. However, as we have seen at City and Liverpool, he will always be a utility player (Left back at Wembley by the end of the game!) who you can count on to put in a shift.

For players, we have to realize there are very, very few who are worshipped and spend the bulk of their career at one club, because ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN it is all business. Players have a short career, in the main, and clubs are quick to offload anyone they feel is surplus to their needs. Accordingly, it is incumbent upon the player to get the best possible deals for himself at every (usually two or three at most) opportunity, which is all I feel Milner did.

Sadly for him, we had two foreign managers who saw him as the laborer, not the craftsman, and treated him as such. I think they were right.

All in all, glad he has found a new home and thankful for what he did for City during the most successful period in our long istree. Will never be considered more than a journeyman who stopped by City for a while, and he will always be a Leeds fan, but he did the job for us and then some, so no ill will from me.

I understand it if not agree with it - by booing them there's just a small, a very small chance it might affect their game, thus giving us an advantage.

It's not pathetic if there's a good reason for it - e.g. They've slagged the club off after leaving, or they've left in circumstances such as the way Delph left Villa to come to us.

Only ex-players I can remember ever booing are Sturridge and Distin. I've thought about booing Stevie Ireland but don't think I ever actually have.

What gets to me with Arsenal booing Nasri etc and Liverpool booing Sterling is that they can't seem to understand that they left simply because they felt they had a better chance of winning trophies elsewhere.

Only ex-players I'd applaud are ones who made significant contributions to us - Lescott, Barry, Richards, etc.

milner got a fair bit up our end, all it was, was "greedy bastard" but i dare say in jest, but thats minor compared to the abuse sterling had, just fucking envy from the cunts, he go somewhere with us, thats for sure and they fucking hate it, cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.