Books You Are Currently Reading

Nowhere near as high brow or educational as any of the others that people have volunteered already in this thread but I am about half way through 'Fibber in the heat' by Miles Jupp and I'm enjoying it anway!

Just finished Jo Nesbo's 'The Bat'...have to say i was quite disappointed after having looked forward to it for ages.

Michael Connelly's 'Harry Bosch' series are all well worth a read.

Knoxy38 said:
Michael Connelly's 'Harry Bosch' series are all well worth a read.
They certainly are. I also enjoyed Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar books, which are the same sort of thing.

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, it was free for the kindle. It's ok but a bit lightweight. Has anyone read Le morte d'arthur or can recommend a book about the Arthurian legends.

Read Mafia State by Luke Harding. Former Moscow correspondent for The Guardian. Cracking read and helps to widen the knowledge of Russia and Putin's iron grip on that part of the world.

Currently reading Richer than God: Manchester City, Modern Football and growing Up by David Conn on my Kindle. Enjoyable read and always good to hear about the Skeikh's involvement in our Club.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
The Glamour Chase - the story of Billy Mackenzie from The Associates
excellent choice - maverick genius who refused to comply with the absurdities of the pop business. tragic how he took his own life but the legacy of his music remains gladly.

Anyone else enjoying the Bill Rogers books about a detective called Tom Caton set in and around Manchester?

He's a blue (the detective that is) and I've not met anyone else who's read them. Some great detail about Manchester especially the city centre. Also dead cheap on the kindle, the first book The Cleansing is under a quid and the rest about 2.

Has kept me entertained

David Conn's book, which I'm sadly struggling with a bit, City based books are usually read to the exclusion of everything else.

Also reading Perverted by Language: Fiction inspired by The Fall. A collection of short stories, the title of each being the name of a Fall song. Best described as interesting so far !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.