Boris Johnson's Popularity

If he'smore popular than Cameron and therefore gives us a better chance of winning the next election then i'd be happy to have him as pm.

Anything to keep labour out

I doubt he's quite as daft as he makes out. Quite like the guy but don't know about him being PM,although he would have advisors<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 pm --<br /><br />I doubt he's quite as daft as he makes out. Quite like the guy but don't know about him being PM,although he would have advisors

Tuearts right boot said:
I doubt he's quite as daft as he makes out. Quite like the guy but don't know about him being PM,although he would have advisors

The advisors would not be piccaninies

Me thinks he plays the buffoon card to throw people. He must be a pretty shrewd guy underneath.

As an aside, I was reading an article on the internet about Brighton Council and discovered that the leader of the council is called Jason Kitcat....... how can you take a politician seriously with a name like that?

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
In a July 2009 interview with Stephen Sackur on the BBC programme HARDtalk, Johnson referred to the £250,000 per annum income he receives from his side job as a columnist for The Daily Telegraph as "chicken feed," suggesting that he wrote the columns "as a way of relaxation ... on a Sunday morning," and that he wrote "very fast" so the columns did not take time away from his duties as Mayor.[152] These comments were widely criticised due to the fact that the UK was at the time in economic recession and £250,000 is roughly 10 times the current average yearly wage for a worker in the UK.[153]

Here is a nice snippit of info, he just seems a buffoon who is always one word from putting his foot in it. Just spouts a load of waffle and ends up making comments about things where there is no need to cause a stir, like insulting liverpool and portsmouth. He will never be PM or a cabinet minister (because I doubt any PM would trust him not backstab and plot against them or just generally not be caught acting like the dickhead is) so the biggest job he will ever is Mayor of London; okay quite alot of power but those cockey tossers voted him in twice so they deserve all they get.

In the choice for Mayor it was either Boris or red Ken who is so far to the left he probably posts on here.

In a July 2009 interview with Stephen Sackur on the BBC programme HARDtalk, Johnson referred to the £250,000 per annum income he receives from his side job as a columnist for The Daily Telegraph as "chicken feed," suggesting that he wrote the columns "as a way of relaxation ... on a Sunday morning," and that he wrote "very fast" so the columns did not take time away from his duties as Mayor.[152] These comments were widely criticised due to the fact that the UK was at the time in economic recession and £250,000 is roughly 10 times the current average yearly wage for a worker in the UK.[153]

Here is a nice snippit of info, he just seems a buffoon who is always one word from putting his foot in it. Just spouts a load of waffle and ends up making comments about things where there is no need to cause a stir, like insulting liverpool and portsmouth. He will never be PM or a cabinet minister (because I doubt any PM would trust him not backstab and plot against them or just generally not be caught acting like the dickhead is) so the biggest job he will ever is Mayor of London; okay quite alot of power but those cockey tossers voted him in twice so they deserve all they get.

I assume you live up north as you obviously know very little about him. The buffoon act is just that, he is a very sharp, intelligent man and if he had put his mind to it earlier in his career he could have been PM. His problem is that he is not really a tema player and likes being the centre of attention so mayor of London suits him very well. He also (because of his act) lacks the gravitas to run the country. Don't underestimate him though - big mistake as Livingstone found ou

W12 said:

In the choice for Mayor it was either Boris or red Ken who is so far to the left he probably posts on here.

Let it go,you racist bore.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
W12 said:

Let it go,you racist bore.
Stop calling me a racist you militant ****.

Gabriel said:
mammutly said:
He's a big personality and famous. He would probably win X Factor.
He's popular for being popular. That, sadly, is the entire answer to your question.

Not sure I agree with that bit. He's more astute than many in the media give him credit and certainly intellectually more capable than the image painted of him as a buffoon and toff. He's ferociously self-aggrandising, I grant you, but he manages to be so in a manner that somehow finds genuine appeal with the core constituents in the south of England, and they often decide who will lead the Conservatives.

I agree, people on bluemoon taking people at face value, well I never! I don't really like the chap but he is a very astute and clever operator, and the people of London seem to like him

W12 said:
red Ken who is so far to the left he probably posts on here.

He is soft left

He wouldnt pass the test.

You would probably pass the BNP test mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.