Borna Sosa

And yet we’ve used these slugs for the past 6 years and been successful.
In spite of having them yes. HOWEVER, when it comes to the very toughest games at the very highest level, that's where they're found wanting as we've seen to our cost.

The quality surrounding them has mostly shielded their deficiencies, with pace being the biggest issue for both, especially Kolarov.

In spite of having them yes. HOWEVER, when it comes to the very toughest games at the very highest level, that's where they're found wanting as we've seen to our cost.

The quality surrounding them has mostly shielded their deficiencies, with pace being the biggest issue for both, especially Kolarov.
Indeed and we will never know if a younger Kolarov would have been.

They weren’t found out in pace.

Indeed and we will never know if a younger Kolarov would have been.

They weren’t found out in pace.
A bit odd that. City fans were on his back about his lack of pace from the first games he played.

If we played a deeper formation, that alone masked his lack of pace. However, if a speedy winger got the run on him, over a short or longer distance he was fucked. Playing as one of 3 under Pep masked that.

HOWEVER in February 2017 after a disappointing draw, an agitated Pep Guardiola said in a post match interview he had 4 LB's in their 30s & he couldn't play the system he wanted to because of it.

IIRC, that summer we bought Walker Danilo & Mendy. Pep wanted to return to a back four & wanted Kolarov to stay, but I suspect he knew he'd be second choice LB.

When Lazio showed an interest in him, he jumped at the chance to play in a slower, less physical league, & to be the No1 choice as LB. City thanked him & didn't stand in his way.

A bit odd that. City fans were on his back about his lack of pace from the first games he played.

If we played a deeper formation, that alone masked his lack of pace. However, if a speedy winger got the run on him, over a short or longer distance he was fucked. Playing as one of 3 under Pep masked that.

HOWEVER in February 2017 after a disappointing draw, an agitated Pep Guardiola said in a post match interview he had 4 LB's in their 30s & he couldn't play the system he wanted to because of it.

IIRC, that summer we bought Walker Danilo & Mendy. Pep wanted to return to a back four & wanted Kolarov to stay, but I suspect he knew he'd be second choice LB.

When Lazio showed an interest in him, he jumped at the chance to play in a slower, less physical league, & to be the No1 choice as LB. City thanked him & didn't stand in his way.
Yep, hence I suggested if he was 10 years younger, Pep would have worked with him. He wanted him to stay as a centre back, if I remember correctly.

Most fans are mad about pace. Even 6 years into Pepball, people still bang on about needing pace.

Yep, hence I suggested if he was 10 years younger, Pep would have worked with him. He wanted him to stay as a centre back, if I remember correctly.

Most fans are mad about pace. Even 6 years into Pepball, people still bang on about needing pace.
Yes because our whole defence was too old, especially the four full backs in their thirties.

The following two seasons, Pep addressed the CB situations too.

However, pace is the one attribute you can't coach into a player. They either have it or they don't, & even a 2011 Kolarov was slower than a South American Three Toed sloth.

Yes because our whole defence was too old, especially the four full backs in their thirties.

The following two seasons, Pep addressed the CB situations too.

However, pace is the one attribute you can't coach into a player. They either have it or they don't, & even a 2011 Kolarov was slower than a South American Three Toed sloth.
It’s amazing we won the league twice with him here, given how shit he was.

Your username is checking out.

To describe Sosa as a player. Hes a faster more technical Kolarov I think he has a more ridiculous accurate cross than Kolarov as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.