Borna Sosa

I wouldn't say Kolarov was overrated. He was exceptionally gifted, but exceptionally slow too. That was his achilles heel. Teams knew to play the ball in behind him for a speedy winger to latch on to & he was fucked.

If he had pace, he'd be up there, but his abject lack of pace used to drive me bonkers, cos we knew what was coming most games.
His football intelligence was pretty low too. Never saw a shot he didn't like. Sucked at quick one twos. And he'd do that dumb cutback move whether it's required or not.

But let me say less, as I love every player that ever played for City. However if we are ranking talent, he was damned near the bottom of the pile.

Had a great shot, took decent freekicks every once in a while. Has a world class ground cross and was a decent tackler when pace wasn't an issue. Should probably had been a CB anyways.

In short, he was NOT a good Leftback. At all!

First time in this thread, how many Kaiser Söze jokes have I missed?

Were they all terrible?

His football intelligence was pretty low too. Never saw a shot he didn't like. Sucked at quick one twos. And he'd do that dumb cutback move whether it's required or not.

But let me say less, as I love every player that ever played for City. However if we are ranking talent, he was damned near the bottom of the pile.

Had a great shot, took decent freekicks every once in a while. Has a world class ground cross and was a decent tackler when pace wasn't an issue. Should probably had been a CB anyways.

In short, he was NOT a good Leftback. At all!
Yet he managed to carve out an 18 year professional career and played on some excellent teams, won multiple trophies in various leagues, and was capped 94 times for Serbia including as captain of their 2018 World Cup team...I'd say he did OK for someone who was NOT good...Dax, we're usually of similar opinions, but you can't be slammin' AK...c'mon now...

Yet he managed to carve out an 18 year professional career and played on some excellent teams, won multiple trophies in various leagues, and was capped 94 times for Serbia including as captain of their 2018 World Cup team...I'd say he did OK for someone who was NOT good...Dax, we're usually of similar opinions, but you can't be slammin' AK...c'mon now...
I don't know everything and I can be wrong. But what I saw when I watched Kolarov was a European Taye Taiwo. They both did great for how deficient they were in many areas.

Kolarov is a man's man. Tough, upstanding and strong willed. So was TT by the way. They both had a tremendous shot on them and a deay low cross. So they brought qualities to their teams that were rare. But as footballers, they were below replacement value as Leftbacks.

They both went on to successful careers as Leftbacks and I commend them. But if you watch them play it was clear it wasn't the understanding of their position that kept them on the team.

Just my opinion though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.