Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

This is a famous quote from Jorge Sampaoli about possession based football when he was managing Chile

One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers
“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”
Chile had just lost to Uruguay 3-0 with 75% possession.​
tbf I don’t blame her

i understand it with points in the bag resting the best 11. but there was no guarantee we would have beaten dortmund sometimes its better just to keep going with the rhythm. sometimes when you stop and rest you can not get it back

but if we do it again and lose again then its game on for utd in the premier league ? i truly think the bread and butter of league football should come first then cups. but i think we have fallen into this media ship of having to win all four and its a dirty trick by the media. united know the media are on there side and its coming from them. the pressure of having to win all four in hope we slip up in the league and let them back in like vs leeds

somebody asked me this question on sunday. would you be happy winning the champions league if it meant united win the premier league because you rotated the squad ? it scared the shit out of me thinking united could win the premier league
Your answer to the question should have been that the intention is to win both, and that's what motivated Pep's team selections. United are not going to win the league. Forget it. It isn't going to happen.

This is a famous quote from Jorge Sampaoli about possession based football when he was managing Chile

One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers
“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”
Chile had just lost to Uruguay 3-0 with 75% possession.​
Forget your fancy dan foreign quotes. Ian Holloway did it first and best:

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled. Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee."

Lovely lovely evening. Thought Dortmund after a bright start, were very poor and very negative. City after a poor and nervy start dominated the rest of the game. Second half was men against boys IMO. The goal was going to come eventually.

The balls on Mahrez taking that penalty, and the balls on Phil Foden for being from Stockport and being that good at football. Won't lie, not really had moist eyes because of a game since 93:20. But when he banged that shot in my eyes were wet.

Watched the match with commentary off last night (Arabic). Just watched again on City TV with English commentary and 2 things still stand out... 1)The referee was outstanding... 2)Although KdB was outstanding (and Zin, and Foden, and the whole team), Gudogan was on a different planet last night.

How the penalty decision took so long was odd, it was nailed on. He headed it onto his own hand ffs. When FFS stepped forward to take it, I fair shit the wife's knickers.

Fantastic performance all round. Even Sterling should have scored at the end but I think he shit the wife's knickers too.

41766490-9469689-image-a-12_1618433929033.jpg

41765168-9469689-image-a-14_1618433958356.jpg

41766484-9469689-image-a-15_1618433993014.jpg

41764930-9469689-image-a-19_1618434062746.jpg
Dear Pep. Please stay forever. This is what you get.

The fact that both commentators instant reaction to Foden's goal was that the keeper should have saved it says a lot about where their alliegances lay. I said the same for their goal re Ederson.

Foden's would have beaten most keepers due to the power and precision of the shot.
I think their defenders also blocked the goalie's view of Foden's shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.