Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

just becaues the keeper got his fingertips to the ball, doesnt mean it was a mistake or that he should've saved it. That was a pinpoint tracer bullet aimed just inside the post. Magnificent strike.
The same with their goal. If either keeper had saved either shot they would have been magnificent saves. Foden hit that like a bullet

We need to stop the inhibited 20-odd minutes we seem to have in this competition.

Gundo admitted to us being edgy and I just don't see why, we have loads of experience now.

If you recall our exits, the games at Liverpool, Monaco and Spurs were all made uphill because of crazy openings or five minute periods?

Certainly at the elite level, you can't get away with it.

Interesting analogy from Neymar today re the Bayern result...

You can be chatting up a woman all night (dominate possession) but then a guy comes along at the end of the night and takes her away in five minutes.
He is pissed she is fucking his national team mate and left him dry.

It was worth losing to Leeds to beat Dortmund. The Leeds defeat was one of those freak defeats you get once or twice a season. It's easy to argue we wouldn't have lost if we'd gone full strength but if we'd done that it's just as easy to argue that we wouldn't have won last night - in the second half, which is hugely significant. We also now can go strong against Chelsea, another more important game, whereas if we'd gone full strength against Leeds we would have had to make wholesale changes against Chelsea. The really big guns like KDB and Gundo have also recently being playing for their countries. The physical demands on them would be too much if they were playing three games in 8 days and we would risk not only tiredness and form loss but injury. And that could kill our season.

i understand it with points in the bag resting the best 11. but there was no guarantee we would have beaten dortmund sometimes its better just to keep going with the rhythm. sometimes when you stop and rest you can not get it back

but if we do it again and lose again then its game on for utd in the premier league ? i truly think the bread and butter of league football should come first then cups. but i think we have fallen into this media ship of having to win all four and its a dirty trick by the media. united know the media are on there side and its coming from them. the pressure of having to win all four in hope we slip up in the league and let them back in like vs leeds

somebody asked me this question on sunday. would you be happy winning the champions league if it meant united win the premier league because you rotated the squad ? it scared the shit out of me thinking united could win the premier league

Walton is such a twat. Changes like the wind and never right.

As an aside why do these channels feel the need to have a former ref on for single contentious events during a 90 mins, just employ pundits that know the rules and can have an educated discussion.
I think you’re asking a bit much, there, mate.

Interesting analogy from Neymar today re the Bayern result...

You can be chatting up a woman all night (dominate possession) but then a guy comes along at the end of the night and takes her away in five minutes.

This is a famous quote from Jorge Sampaoli about possession based football when he was managing Chile

One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers
“At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”
Chile had just lost to Uruguay 3-0 with 75% possession.​

i understand it with points in the bag resting the best 11. but there was no guarantee we would have beaten dortmund sometimes its better just to keep going with the rhythm. sometimes when you stop and rest you can not get it back

but if we do it again and lose again then its game on for utd in the premier league ? i truly think the bread and butter of league football should come first then cups. but i think we have fallen into this media ship of having to win all four and its a dirty trick by the media. united know the media are on there side and its coming from them. the pressure of having to win all four in hope we slip up in the league and let them back in like vs leeds

somebody asked me this question on sunday. would you be happy winning the champions league if it meant united win the premier league because you rotated the squad ? it scared the shit out of me thinking united could win the premier league
the thing is though if utd were close enough then pep would have had no choice but to have gone strong v leeds, we had the relative luxury of a 11pts buffer, so made the logical choice to rotate.
the champions league is the only stick left to beat us with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.