Probably play Kev as a wingback

If we do play 3 at the back, I'd probably go for
Eddy
Stones Dias Laporte
Cancelo Zinc
Rodri, , Gundogan
KDB
Mahrez Jesus

You would think the side is fairly obvious based on who was left out on Saturday. Maybe 2 positions that are a question mark!

Seems to be a flip of a coin perhaps on Zinchenko or Cancelo (Cancelo when on his game we know what he offers, but last few games haven’t been the best) at left back. Walker being left out at the weekend surely he means he starts at right back?

wide men, Foden and Mahrez. KDB, Gundo and Rodri back in. Maybe a decision between Bernardo as a false 9 or Jesus, if even Jesus plays you would think he will play in that rotating 5 ahead of Rodri!
Agree.
Those are the two question marks for me as well.

FWIW...
I'd take Zinchenko's reliability over Cancelo;
and Jesus's excellent pressing ability over Bernardo.

Counting down the hours...
CTID!

Looked forward to most games this season and have been supremely confident but this game is different , i think this will be our most difficult game of the season so far , Dortmund are likely to miss out on Champs league in the Bundesliga so this is their last throw of the dice , expect a really tough game
Throw into the mix Pep's appalling record at this stage of the competition and some of the ridiculous VAR and ref decisions we have suffered into doesnt bode well , we are certainly due a change in luck and Bellingham's disallowed goal in the first leg was a good start.
Just hope Pep let's our players express themselves and play OUR game , man for man we are superior so let the German's worry about us and go for their throats , would rather go out fighting than changing our game to suit the opposition.
I'm relishing the prospect of seeing if City can overcome the mental side of it on Wednesday. We are in a strong(ish) position.

If they play to their ability we go through.
If they don't... we don't deserve it and would have never won the damn thing anyway.

Biggest match of the season so far, don't overthink it Pep!
The thing that sticks with Pep (it’s in one of the Pep books) is that he once had an important CL game and, as usual, had a plan in place. The Bayern players were insistent that if they played their normal game, rather than the technical plan set to win the match, they would prevail. Pep gave in and Bayern were annihilated. He said he will never repeat the mistake.

I actually think the “O” word is something everyone has got used to saying about Pep in the CL but he has a plan for the opposition in every game. It’s just that people leap on defeats and the place a team is most likely to eventually lose is the Champions League.

Last game was close because Gundo, Bernie, Eddy, Cancelo and especially Rodri were all having an off game (due to pressure probably). If we are playing at our 100% they don't stand a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.