Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure that even though Laporte has had lots of game time recently when it comes to the biggest games he picks Stones.

I also think he loves Jesus in away CL games. Jesus biggest issue is when we're at home against packed defences. I think he'll fancy him with a bit of space and pressing high.

I think he'll go:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

A real shocker could be Raz in for Mahrez.
That would be a real shocker indeed.

This is close to what I was thinking. Only change for me would be Silva in and Sterling out with either Gundo or KDB as the false 9.

For me, Silva needs to be in that midfield where his work rate is needed and he provides more “legs” than any or Rodri, KDB and Gundo.

I also would not mind Ferna in place of Rodri but that’s not going to happen.
I can see Jesus playing wide left, had probably his best game defensively at the Bernabeau helping Zinc.

Eddy
Walker Stones Dias Zinc
Gundogan Rodri Foden
Mahrez Kev Jesus

Many putting Zinchenko in their starting line up but Pep doesn't tend to pick him for the really big games. I'll be surprised if it's not Cancello.
Put Laporte in my starting line ups as I think we will look at a solid no nonsense defence with no nonsense midfield in front

Eddie
Walker
Stone
Dias
Laporte
Rodri/Gundogan
Fernandinho/Gundogan
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Foden
Mahrez

Thought I would cheer everybody up by letting you know that I have a terrible 3-1 foreboding about tonight. Not only that but I'm pretty sure we go 2 down pretty quickly, get one back and just when we are preparing for extra time something horrendous happens - though I know not if this is VAR, goalie, own goal, or deflection related

I will obviously stay in touch regarding this weekend's winning numbers, should the above come to pass

On the other hand we may breeze through 0-3

Ace
Can you give me 6 numbers for tonight

Agreed

Watch him come on and score the winner
He is having a torrid time at the min but as they say form is temporary. He is a fantastic player and did carry us for large parts of last season. If he plays tonight he will deliver imo. We should respect but not fear Dortmund. This inferiority complex developed from participating in the champions league is done. They came at the club and missed, KAM won’t let them have another attempt.Yes we used to be a club that struggled to regain it past glories but we are not that club anymore. Stand toe to toe and look Dortmund in the eye. Leave them In no doubt that we belong in the semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.