Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Well that was a real game of 5 minuntes v the rest of it.

Until the first goal we showed practically no interest in trying to win the game. We were awful. No pace, no passion, no idea on how to break them down. I don't know what Pep was expecting, but surely they knew they were going to sit back and try to nick a goal on the break? I had tickets for tonight but couldn't make it in the end and I'm glad I didn't bore myself and son with that. It would've put him off going again!

Seriously, Stones isn't a right back. He just isn't. I don't see why we can't play Stones in central defence and play that youth player at right back. Let's be honest, we played most of the game like we didn't care about it so what could a reserve get wrong? At least we'd have players in position who knew what they were doing.

However, the strike from Stones had Kompany written all over it. I can't believe it took us so long to realise that their keeper was as bad as Claudio Bravo was. I have no idea what he was looking at, but the ball came straight at him! Even the second goal I thought he could've done much better with.

The second goal was exactly the kind of goal that wins the CL. Haaland had no right to see that as even a half chance, it was absolutely world class. The more I see of this guy the more I'm convinced he will be the greatest centre forward ever to have played in England. I honestly think he's better than Aguero and Aguero is my all time favourite player. Haaland's ability to finish is something I've never seen before - there's clinical and there's Haaland clinical.

I thought Akanji looked decent and I think when he beds in, he will be a great buy. He certainly looks good on the ball and likes a tackle.

I just wish we didn't have to keep on bringing on Bernardo and Foden to rescue the game. We need to be able to rest them sometimes and get the others to grab the game by it's neck.

I have no idea what Pep says to Grealish before a game, but honestly I wish he'd stop. I don't want to pick on him, but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's wasted here. He doesn't take people on, he doesn't do anything other than play it safe. When he gets the ball, I know where it's going next - backwards to Cancelo. He looks anything but a £100m player to me. I wish we'd let him run at players and put them on the back foot. We've bought a flair player and we're trying to make him into a stiff - why?

Anyway, apart from about the last 15 minutes that was a dreadful performance.

We won, we move on I suppose.
sums it up for me. good post.

Yep I've never got the transfer, I always write off the first season for a new player anyways but expect to see the reason we signed them in the 2nd. I think his best position would be in the LH AM of 2 in A 4 3 2 1‍♂️
for most of the first half i thought he was one of our best players if not the best, covered a lot of ground against a wall of yellow shirts, kept possession as he does, won a few corners, got crosses over - generally positive play and did a lot of tracking back. a couple of times could have shot early but good overall and helped tire their players out for the subs.

I’m gutted I missed another City comeback win with two brilliant finishes, was working tonite, Haaland is something else what a player we have, really hope we beat Wolves and bury the disappointment of Villa.

Nobody said we were finished and doomed to going out in the group stage.

They were pissed off that we looked shit, and conceded a goal that surprised absolutely nobody.

I get the idea of having faith, but if the team is playing like shit, nobody in the stadium or at home is sat with a smile acting like a win is a guarantee. Also doesn't mean we've given up on the game either.
Were you on the match thread last night?

Fuck me half you lot on here must have thought we were playing Blackpools 2nd team. The amount of player criticism if we're not winning 4 nil at half time is fucking cringeworthy. I've listened to utd fans giving us more credit than some bellends on the match thread.

Dortmund are the Bundeslieges 2nd best side most years and theyre full of very good German internationals. Reus, Hummels, Sulle and plenty of others. They played a disciplined 5-4-1 where both Citys wide men in posession were doubled up on nearly all the time. Pep admitted what was obvious that we didn't play with sufficient tempo to break their lines particularly first half. I knew this would be tight. The previous 2 games against them have been 2-1 wins i think.

What is obvious to me is that we tire teams out with constant posession and can inject great quality against tired legs. It shouldn't be a surprise we can go behind and win out in the end. When Foden and Silva came on their midfield were already walking in recovery phases. Their goal gave us sufficient kick up the arse to quicken the tempo enough to kill them off.

Jack, after a decent preseason has had an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks followed by not a lot of game time to get any rhythm. Much like KDB last year all the know nouts love a scapegoat and want to write him off as not good enough after what, 3 - 4 games this season? He's obviously doing what Pep wants him to do currently. We all want to see him running at defenders and beating them, creating and scoring goals and hopefully it will come. Can't we stay off his back in the meantime. Our enemies seem to want him to fail, that doesn't mean we should. Theres now a media narrative that im not buying. Let's see how it goes this season for him. I'm sure he expects more from himself as much as we do. We all know its in there.

Onwards now to Wolves early Saturday. I'll say it now, we won't be 3 up after 10 mins. It won't mean we're shit or Peps lost it with whatever rotated starting 11 he picks after only 2 and a half days recovery time.

Fuck me half you lot on here must have thought we were playing Blackpools 2nd team. The amount of player criticism if we're not winning 4 nil at half time is fucking cringeworthy. I've listened to utd fans giving us more credit than some bellends on the match thread.

Dortmund are the Bundeslieges 2nd best side most years and theyre full of very good German internationals. Reus, Hummels, Sulle and plenty of others. They played a disciplined 5-4-1 where both Citys wide men in posession were doubled up on nearly all the time. Pep admitted what was obvious that we didn't play with sufficient tempo to break their lines particularly first half. I knew this would be tight. The previous 2 games against them have been 2-1 wins i think.

What is obvious to me is that we tire teams out with constant posession and can inject great quality against tired legs. It shouldn't be a surprise we can go behind and win out in the end. When Foden and Silva came on their midfield were already walking in recovery phases. Their goal gave us sufficient kick up the arse to quicken the tempo enough to kill them off.

Jack, after a decent preseason has had an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks followed by not a lot of game time to get any rhythm. Much like KDB last year all the know nouts love a scapegoat and want to write him off as not good enough after what, 3 - 4 games this season? He's obviously doing what Pep wants him to do currently. We all want to see him running at defenders and beating them, creating and scoring goals and hopefully it will come. Can't we stay off his back in the meantime. Our enemies seem to want him to fail, that doesn't mean we should. Theres now a media narrative that im not buying. Let's see how it goes this season for him. I'm sure he expects more from himself as much as we do. We all know its in there.

Onwards now to Wolves early Saturday. I'll say it now, we won't be 3 up after 10 mins. It won't mean we're shit or Peps lost it with whatever rotated starting 11 he picks after only 2 and a half days recovery time.
Stop talking sense, fool.

Poor game,first half in particular,but not surprising given the unfamiliar 11 chosen.

I thought Gundo was playing well and was unlucky to be replaced,that should have been the ineffective Kev.
Mahrez once again too lightweight and Grealish struggled to get that final ball right.

Much better with the added tenacity,which wasn't exactly rocket science.

Great result,but another we got away with due to small bits of brilliance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.