Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Yeah, I turned to my neighbour and said how many times has Jack cut inside and his shot gets blocked. Don't know whether he's up against better defenders but he's having little luck when he gets a shooting chance.
Yet people are always shouting "shoot" even when there are defenders in the way. Except when John Stones gets the ball!

And tbf to Mahrez, i think he does better when he has someone overlapping so he can cut inside. Let's face it, Riyad is never gonna pass it to the fullback when he overlaps, but it does give him a bit more space to cut inside.
Well, he tried it once but Stones didn't collect it, and Mahrez didn't bust a gut to stop the counter.

Fuck me half you lot on here must have thought we were playing Blackpools 2nd team. The amount of player criticism if we're not winning 4 nil at half time is fucking cringeworthy. I've listened to utd fans giving us more credit than some bellends on the match thread.

Dortmund are the Bundeslieges 2nd best side most years and theyre full of very good German internationals. Reus, Hummels, Sulle and plenty of others. They played a disciplined 5-4-1 where both Citys wide men in posession were doubled up on nearly all the time. Pep admitted what was obvious that we didn't play with sufficient tempo to break their lines particularly first half. I knew this would be tight. The previous 2 games against them have been 2-1 wins i think.

What is obvious to me is that we tire teams out with constant posession and can inject great quality against tired legs. It shouldn't be a surprise we can go behind and win out in the end. When Foden and Silva came on their midfield were already walking in recovery phases. Their goal gave us sufficient kick up the arse to quicken the tempo enough to kill them off.

Jack, after a decent preseason has had an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks followed by not a lot of game time to get any rhythm. Much like KDB last year all the know nouts love a scapegoat and want to write him off as not good enough after what, 3 - 4 games this season? He's obviously doing what Pep wants him to do currently. We all want to see him running at defenders and beating them, creating and scoring goals and hopefully it will come. Can't we stay off his back in the meantime. Our enemies seem to want him to fail, that doesn't mean we should. Theres now a media narrative that im not buying. Let's see how it goes this season for him. I'm sure he expects more from himself as much as we do. We all know its in there.

Onwards now to Wolves early Saturday. I'll say it now, we won't be 3 up after 10 mins. It won't mean we're shit or Peps lost it with whatever rotated starting 11 he picks after only 2 and a half days recovery time.
That’s what I was going to say ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.