Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElanJo said:
bayern blade said:
ElanJo said:
Don't they get cheap tickets because the taxpayers are forced to subsidise them?

No, we get cheap tickets because that's what the clubs charge. Bayern for instance charge the earth for the fans renting boxes etc because they can afford it, the savings are then passed on to the fans behind the goals via cheap tickets.

Dortmund have as good as said that they are fielding a weakened team.

So the government doesn't subsidise the bundesliga then?

Why should it?

FC Bayern paid 111 million taxes last year. It might be the other way around. Yes - clubs certainly take profit from infrastructural things that are financed by the cities, region or state - but it is the other way around, too, as hotels, restaurants and a lot of local businesses profit from the clubs.

Loucyber said:
As a german sneaking in here I do hope you play with the best side.

I´ll expect Dortmund to rotate a bit. They have secured 1st place in the group, and Klopp will take the chance to give some players regeneration time after the very tough game vs. Munich last weekend. Dortmund needs to win the last two Bundesliga matches much more than the CL-game.

Still, it´s a home game and I expect Dortmund with an attacking line-up - but doubt that they´ll defend with as much effort as they did e.g. at the ManC-BVB match.

So there might be a chance for ManCity, and as they are champions of the English Premier League imho they are obliged to try at least. It was irritating to hear that quite a lot of your fans seem to think otherwise. If you play, you´ve got to play for a result.

Same thing with the complaints about the bad group fixing - basically you are right, the groups varied too much in strength. But so what, Champions League is about eliminating all the other teams. If you end 3rd or 4th in a group of 4, you haven´t deserved better, even if you may woman about the freerides some of the clubs of other groups are given.

Exactly right mate, spot on!

You can call everyone names for having a tough group, but you still have to beat the best to win the competition.

Knocking the bigger teams out early is surely an incentive.

I would take our group this year rather than the groups United have had over the past 2 seasons, I want to see glamour ties between us, Dortmund and Madrid!

Who wants to fork our £40 to see Cluj?

I think mancini will play the best team he has atm...after all he said very clear that he want EL

Don't forget the €1million bonus for winning a game in the Champions League group stage, something we've yet to trigger even once yet this season. I'm sure our head honchos trying to combat FFP wouldn't mind that rather than throwing the match and earning €0 in bonuses. We've so far added €1.5million of a potential €5million in bonuses to the club coffers.

mansour's tow ropes said:
blue b4 the moon said:
bayern blade said:
No, we get cheap tickets because that's what the clubs charge. Bayern for instance charge the earth for the fans renting boxes etc because they can afford it, the savings are then passed on to the fans behind the goals via cheap tickets.

Dortmund have as good as said that they are fielding a weakened team.

Teams according to kicker :

and kolo

BVB 09

Weidenfeller

Pisczek
Santana
Hummels
Schmelzer

Gündogan
Leitner
Blaszyzykowski
Götze
Reus

Schieber

Man City

Pantillmon

Zabaleta
Lescott
Nastasic
K.Toure

Garcia
Barry
Milner
Nasri
Sinclair

Dzeko

-- Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm --

I doubt it, Dortmund already have their thoughts on the weekend and won't really be up for this game.

Kicker? KFA. Kolo not even eligible.

and milner's injured

My only concern is that we don't get any more injuries (if that were possible). Can't see us getting anything but another CL defeat to a team I expect to go all the way to the final. RM can play Sinclair, Garcia, Lescott, Dzeko and Pantilimon if it means keeping the others fit and fresh for Sunday.

stan bowles said:
My only concern is that we don't get any more injuries (if that were possible). Can't see us getting anything but another CL defeat to a team I expect to go all the way to the final. RM can play Sinclair, Garcia, Lescott, Dzeko and Pantilimon if it means keeping the others fit and fresh for Sunday.

id defintiely start with most of them as well

id play some of the kids as well (if they havetravelled....like evans)...keep tevez et al fresh for sunday as you can bet your money ferguson will play aweak team (he doesnt need to win get aresult so you will see a very inexperienced utd team in their final champs game)

yaya being banned could be a blessing in disguise!!!<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 pm --<br /><br />
stan bowles said:

id defintiely start with most of them as well

id play some of the kids as well (if they havetravelled....like evans)...keep tevez et al fresh for sunday as you can bet your money ferguson will play aweak team (he doesnt need to win get aresult so you will see a very inexperienced utd team in their final champs game)

yaya being banned could be a blessing in disguise!!!

The boat has sailed in this Compy, the amount of bonus points mean little from the Europa Cup.

At the moment I couldn't be less fussed about tonight apart from injuries and am really waiting for the weekend. That being said I'll be screaming at the tv tonight as with most away games.

blue b4 the moon said:
The boat has sailed in this Compy, the amount of bonus points mean little from the Europa Cup.

At the moment I couldn't be less fussed about tonight apart from injuries and am really waiting for the weekend. That being said I'll be screaming at the tv tonight as with most away games.

In fairness though any experience at european level helps, if I was a City fan I'd definately want to get in the europa league, it can only benefit you in the long term.
The Ajax boss said last night that they want to qualify mainly to give euro cup experience to their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.