Borussia Mönchengladbach travel thread

Sounds good mate
Could take the car down as the flight's in the afternoon
Train from Dortmund to Monchengladbach are pretty regular and about €20

Yeah & you get free train travel with your match ticket so you're sorted for travel I believe.

as long as it's regional trains like RE Regionalexpress, (not the IC Intercity or EC Eurocity ones!), busses, trams (S-Bahn), tube. Train is free from Düsseldorf or Dortmund (or other parts of the Ruhrgebiet) on match day until 3 in the morning next day as the fare is included in our match ticket (but not totally from Cologne, as Cologne belongs to a different local transport network (probably about 5€ to the "network border" at Rommerskirchen, if I am not mistaken and then free for the rest of journey to Gladbach).

RE takes about 1h 20 mins from Dortmund to Mönchengladbach, check with Deutsche Bahn for train times (English version)
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml

as long as it's regional trains like RE Regionalexpress, (not the IC Intercity or EC Eurocity ones!), busses, trams (S-Bahn), tube. Train is free from Düsseldorf or Dortmund (or other parts of the Ruhrgebiet) on match day until 3 in the morning next day as the fare is included in our match ticket (but not totally from Cologne, as Cologne belongs to a different local transport network (probably about 5€ to the "network border" at Rommerskirchen, if I am not mistaken and then free for the rest of journey to Gladbach).

RE takes about 1h 20 mins from Dortmund to Mönchengladbach, check with Deutsche Bahn for train times (English version)
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml
Cheers mate, I couldn't remember the link for booking the train

Stansted to Eindhoven. Monday 28th.
£52 return.
Just over an hour on train to Moenchengladbach.
Hotel £47 a night for room.
Back 1st October.

Dusseldorf is one option, just 35mins away on the train.

A little tip for those who’ve not been before, and possibly unaware that it’s a little bit more than 30 minutes on the train from Dusseldorf (Dortmund is definitely further)
There are two main stations in Monchengladbach, and the nearest to the stadium is the Rheydt, hauptbahnhof, surrounded by football bars, loud music, and the misleading impression that it’s within walking distance.

However, you’re still a tram ride away that takes at least 20 minutes through lowland countryside.

By the time, you reach Borussia Park, you’ll need convincing that you’re still in Germany, and those with a weak bladder will definitely be struggling.

The stadium is nice, but gives new meaning to the phrase “Out of town”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.