Borussia Mönchengladbach travel thread

A little tip for those who’ve not been before, and possibly unaware that it’s a little bit more than 30 minutes on the train from Dusseldorf (Dortmund is definitely further)
There are two main stations in Monchengladbach, and the nearest to the stadium is the Rheydt, hauptbahnhof, surrounded by football bars, loud music, and the misleading impression that it’s within walking distance.

However, you’re still a tram ride away that takes at least 20 minutes through lowland countryside.

By the time, you reach Borussia Park, you’ll need convincing that you’re still in Germany, and those with a weak bladder will definitely be struggling.

The stadium is nice, but gives new meaning to the phrase “Out of town”
Shit!

gutted i cant go, went on a long weekend trip to germany 2 years ago, stayed in dusseldorf and went to games at leverkusen and monchengladbach. train from duss is straightforward and there's busses that run to and from the stadium from the station on match days

Found a flight from Manc to cologne 30th - 2nd for £115. Bit of advice as its my first ever European away game. I'll be on my todd for it i imagine, so just wondering if there's many who travel on their own to away days in Europe? I presume its a giant piss up in bars so cant imagine ill be struggling for places to drink.

Found a flight from Manc to cologne 30th - 2nd for £115. Bit of advice as its my first ever European away game. I'll be on my todd for it i imagine, so just wondering if there's many who travel on their own to away days in Europe? I presume its a giant piss up in bars so cant imagine ill be struggling for places to drink.
I've gone on my own twice and will be going to Gladbach on my own too.
Always meet up with bluemooners over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.