Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Credit to Pep and the players for still being right in the mix for three trophies. After last season's magnificent efforts and losing two world class players, in Gundogan and Mahrez, it shows our mentality and grit. Pep mentioned it in his post match interview. I'll also add being without De Bruyne for three months and Haaland for two into the mix.

All that being said I just think we may come up short this season. Every game is now a nervous grind. We are just about getting over the line. Today if Bournemouth had a bit more quality and luck upfront they would have scored three in that second half. We won't get away with that against Liverpool and Arsenal. I'd add and Spurs to that too. There are twelve league games to go and at times it looks like we're getting through on memory and a bit of luck and grit. I keep waiting for us to click into top form, get our flow and devil back but it just isn't happening.

To get over the line this season we need De Bruyne, Stones, Haaland and Grealish to remain fit and hit peak form. Here's hoping!

Absolutely. We are not retaining the title on that performance.
Sorry what??

It's a results business, You don't get extra points for performing well. We aren't playing well lately that's clear to see, But we have dug out massive points over the last few weeks Everton, Brentford and Bournemouth all games we've won without being anywhere near our best.

We will improve dramatically over the next few weeks that's a given! This team is fucking incredible they are all winners hence why we are so successful.

If you think those performances won't win us a league then sorry fella but more fool you. This manager and group players know what it takes to win football matches no matter what the circumstances.

Certainly not today. Games come thick and fast now though. I don’t think we have played that well all season but we are still hanging in there. We will know soon enough as March is a difficult month for us.
The truth is that Arsenal and Liverpool have been flying almost all season - they're in top gear and appear to be on their limit. We on the other hand have for most of the season been well below our best but are above Arsenal - and Liverpool are within touching distance. I think Pep is saving Kev for the big games in March - games when our intensity will go up a few notches.

Thought we played well in the first half and should have really been more than 1 up. 2nd half we just lost control of the game. Gave the ball away too much and some players looked very tired. Subs weren't great and probably the wrong ones.

Anyway, 3 points is all that matters.

The truth is that Arsenal and Liverpool have been flying almost all season - they're in top gear and appear to be on their limit. We on the other hand have for most of the season been well below our best but are above Arsenal - and Liverpool are within touching distance. I think Pep is saving Kev for the big games in March - games when our intensity will go up a few notches.
I hope so. We do look a bit leggy I think and maybe last season has taken its toll a bit. Those two are winning games easily at the moment but least we are thereabouts which is all we can ask for.

Should have buried them 1st half, didn’t really come out second! Fair play to Bournemouth few cloggers but they play good football and gave it ago! Not the usual block! Kovacic MOM for me some good driving runs and close control three points from a tricky away game is all that matters
Kovacic is a real battler,in the Zabba mould.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.