Bournemouth away

I agree with all the above comments, but I've also noticed (most recently in Bratislava) how so many supporters benefit from those in the 28,000+ category who qualify for a ticket, but don't attend.

Some of these supporters are now in the 65-75 age demographic and obviously having done the hard yards deserve a ticket.

Whether that entitles them to buy a ticket for their mate/family member (who hasn't done the hard yards) is open to debate

We're not just talking about a small percentage either

I agree with all the above comments, but I've also noticed (most recently in Bratislava) how so many supporters benefit from those in the 28,000+ category who qualify for a ticket, but don't attend.

Some of these supporters are now in the 65-75 age demographic and obviously having done the hard yards deserve a ticket.

Whether that entitles them to buy a ticket for their mate/family member (who hasn't done the hard yards) is open to debate

We're not just talking about a small percentage either
I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but what was it about Bratislava that gave you this impression?

What doesn’t add up and I’m sure you’ll know this already if you’re on around 30K points, is that you’ll get inside the ground at Bournemouth and find at least half the 1,300 tickets have somehow ended up in the hands of people who quite clearly haven’t got them through points or supporters clubs. Or even hospitality ST holders.

not going to disagree

Anfield last season was the worst I've ever seen it, in a game where the lads really could've done with a decent away backing.

Instead it was like disneyworld, from American families of 6 to a bloke wandering in wearing a united cap.

As well run as this club is, I don't see the benefit in not giving away tickets to loyal blues, the extra cash it makes must be minimal.

100% correct, made me wonder why we all bother, Liverpool away should be with the most fanatical blues, but it was exactly as you describe

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but what was it about Bratislava that gave you this impression.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but what was it about Bratislava that gave you this impression?
I'm quite a well known face on the European trips and had a number of conversations either at the airport, on the train from Vienna, or in 17s bar prior to the match.

My two fellow travellers had benefited from supporters higher up the food train and it soon became apparent that only 9/22 from my conversations had qualified legitimately on their own points.

Also a bloke who sits in front of me at the Etihad has 30,000+ but allowed someone else to use his points

I'm not necessarily complaining as I've benefited similarly on previous trips to Aalborg and Plzen.

However I think it happens far more than people are prepared to accept.

I'm quite a well known face on the European trips and had a number of conversations either at the airport, on the train from Vienna, or in 17s bar prior to the match.

My two fellow travellers had benefited from supporters higher up the food train and it soon became apparent that only 9/22 from my conversations had qualified legitimately on their own points.

Also a bloke who sits in front of me at the Etihad has 30,000+ but allowed someone else to use his points

I'm not necessarily complaining as I've benefited similarly on previous trips to Aalborg and Plzen.

Good response. If I'm honest, when my 16 year old gets old enough to start going by himself, I'll probably be the one letting him use my 28k points.

If the club aren't playing ball in regards to allocations, then how can they expect the fans to play ball in regards to not passing tickets on

I know that this is controversial but the one thing that stopped this was the 'collection in person' system the club tried a few years ago.

I know that this is controversial but the one thing that stopped this was the 'collection in person' system the club tried a few years ago.
They actually claimed that was a eufa directive, which was utter lies and bollox after the debacle at Celtic

In essence I don't think it's a bad idea, but it was executed appallingly in Paris, Madrid and Glasgow, and I'm not convinced that it would ever work smoothly for European trips when travelling fans aren't familiar with the location.

Far better (and fairer) for a random percentage to be collected at domestic games but make the process quick and painless.

Good response. If I'm honest, when my 16 year old gets old enough to start going by himself, I'll probably be the one letting him use my 28k points.

If the club aren't playing ball in regards to allocations, then how can they expect the fans to play ball in regards to not passing tickets on
Yeah as I said previously I've occasionally benefited myself.

However, the current system has been in place for more than twenty years so if you were 55 in 2004 then what happens to your points when you're now 75 and decide that you've had a good innings, but it's time to retire?

I suspect that we all know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.