Bournemouth (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

You just know their fans, in their hearts, know they will get a tonking but are happy to be present to watch the unreal football we play. Just to be part of it.
Not that any fan would admit to it, mind.
Just watched a Bournemouth vlog on youtube,they came expecting to lose but enjoyed their day,even commented on the loudness as our goals went in.

This might sound a bit entitled, but I was expecting us to win and by a decent score. I think 6-1 was a fair result as apart from a 15 min spell or so, we had complete control of the game and never really looked in much trouble. Even if they'd miraculously got 3 to peg us back, I felt we'd score more.

Doku was absolutely unplayable - fast, direct and I bet their full back is still dizzy just thinking about marking him. What a brilliant performance from him and I think he's going to be an absolute bargain of a player. Bernardo was also outstanding as well.

The game had kind of died off when the subs came on but I always think that for players coming on to the pitch, it's your chance to show Pep he's wrong to bench you. Ok, you can argue that they want to save their legs for the bigger games this week, but I don't think Nunes or Phillips is going to make Pep drop anyone. Nunes will come good, I'm sure of that - you can tell he has a touch and can move the ball well. I don't want to pick on Phillips, but he looks absolutely well out of his depth I'm afraid. His touch, passing and movement just feels 'heavy'. I just can't see him ever getting a game for us to be honest. He's as close to replacing Rodri as I am.

Overall, a great result and nice to start building up the GD!

Just watched a Bournemouth vlog on youtube,they came expecting to lose but enjoyed their day,even commented on the loudness as our goals went in.

This mirrored my experience talking to the older couple who supported Bournemouth on the bus after the game. They were very complimentary about us and said they treated themselves by staying in the Hilton. They were expected to get beat but didn't care. Proper fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.