Bournemouth (H) Post Match Thread

Shite for 15 minutes prior to HT. Other than that very happy. Sane and Sterling were fantastic. Much better in the second.
Nice to see a team have a go against us. Eddie Howe is a great manager. They deserve a UEFA cup slot next season.

Really excellent 2nd half imo after a dozy first one.

Eddie Howe had done his homework & targeted our weakest points & Bournemouth did well.

All the 'rusty' players woke up & did well 2nd half Gundogan was a different player & as well as being much more positive, was much quicker doing everything 2nd half, & chasing with more enthusiasm, not for the first time.

Zinchenko in front of me, first half, was barely even relevant as being on the pitch apart from two excellent passes, one of which brought back memories of the days he was a promising young atfacking midfield/winger.

The difference when Fern took that position briefly, was fucking immense. Delph was on another planet by comparison. We can't keep doing this, it's fucking stupid & below Pep's normal level.

Pep undoubtedly gets some credit for the improved 2nd half performance. Yes we were a bit sloppy as the first half went on and Howe had worked out where and how to attack but that changed 2nd half. A few were much better with Raheem the shining light but it did help with Delph coming on but also the whole team were better organised and sharper to make it harder for them to get at us

Pep Guardiola: "We had a lack of rhythm in the first half, Bournemouth are so fast up front and so hard to play against. In the second half Raheem Sterling changed the game, and Fabian Delph. We were much better. We play every three days, that is why we were flat."

Wonderful 3 points in what was always going to be a banana skin tie.Far from our best team or performance but we had enough and there were some particularly great individual performances,most notably Sterling,Sane and Bernardo.

MOTM - Sane - brilliant technically and an attitude to match,superb today.
I thought Danilo had a great second half too, he's nobody's favourite poor lad, but he's a very good footballer, I thought Fernandhino also had a good game, and Delph made a big difference.

The big disappoints for me were Zinchenko, for once Laporte (mostly for keep trying the same shit ball forward that wasn't working), Jesus who worked hard, but seemed to always be either in the wrong place at the right time, or the right place at the wrong time (I also think he got an early foot injury - he whinged about it for a bit, but then seemed to get on with it, but no idea if it was still affecting him), and Gundogan again, sorry folks but he slows us down, he had a better second half though. I also thought Bernardo looked well off his best at times, his passing for one wasn't always great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.