Bowie at Maine Road

Like a few others, didn’t go to this, but went to Glass Spider. Oddly I think the set list for Sound & Vision tour was better, so maybe I shouldn’t have given up after Glass Spider.
Was sat in the main stand; recall the ornate stage set, Peter Frampton when he still had hair, and the horrendous Trent Darby as support I think. I did love the lead single off that album though, Time Will Crawl (a bit like this spring tbh), but overall it just couldn’t compete with Serious Moonlight/Lets Dance album for quality.

Been to a few others at our place too;
Simple Minds Real Life Tour
Stones Steel Wheels think it was called, and
Queen/ Status Quo and Belious Some!

Yes I went
Was in The North Stand Throughly good concert
Saw both Glass Spider gigs too

I hadn't realised he'd come to Maine Road on two different tours!
Went to both nights of the Glass Spider Tour as I was a steward back then.
Terence Trent D'Arby antagonised the crowd with his frequent foul-mouthed tirades which seemed to be prompted by nothing at all and Alison Moyet was neither here nor there.
I'm not the biggest Bowie fan but both shows were underwhelming IMO, with the setlist mainly then recent stuff with few old classics.
Peter Frampton was wasted on guitar and only sprang into life on All The Madmen - admittedly not the hardest thing to plat for a musician of his standing. Regretably he didn't really get to showcase his undisputed talent but then neither did Bowie.
One for the aficionados only I think.
https://www.davidbowienews.com/2019/12/david-bowie-live-maine-road-manchester-uk-july-14th-1987/

I went to both always save my tickets for memorabilia and was surprised to see that they were exactly the same colour/ format For the 2nd gig 2-3 yrs later
Used the first gig ticket no probs and sold my legit one happy days
That guy was so special, what a genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.