Boyata in the derby?

have to agree with some of the posters, I feel he still isnt ready for big games, and the semi against the ass hats may be too much mentally for him. But he should continue to be given games like today against lesser opponents.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:08 pm --<br /><br />have to agree with some of the posters, I feel he still isnt ready for big games, and the semi against the ass hats may be too much mentally for him. But he should continue to be given games like today against lesser opponents.

Freestyler said:
Definitely no.

he was shocking against the rags in the CC semi's.

today he was class, looks a really quality player as we all know.

a semi final against the rags at wembley? i feel at this moment it might be one step too far for him.

Zabaleta for me.

That was over a year ago and at CB. Zabba for me but I'd have no problem playing Boyata if needed he looks class at RB which is probley his best position atm.

i dont think zaba will play in wembley unless he starts against pool(unlikely)

mancini doesn't like to rush players back so i assume if hes not back by liverpool he wont be involved,i know hes not injured but gotta remember if he comes home for the semi he wont have played a competitive match in bout a month

AdamManCity said:
Fantastic in all departments today, the complete package and definately a more complete player and a more natural player than Richards and even if Richards is fit I'd still play Boyata(not a dig at Richards but I think boyata is the best rightback at our club). He's always impressed me especially the way he came into the side to play two of the biggest games of our season last year and seemed relatively unfazed by the ocasion and played fantastic. He's made a couple of mistakes along the way but that can only make him stronger and I really hope he gets the nod on the 16th. Wow, how I'm up for this game now cmon city!!!!!!

No to big a game - personally i would put Milner there

dctid said:
AdamManCity said:
Fantastic in all departments today, the complete package and definately a more complete player and a more natural player than Richards and even if Richards is fit I'd still play Boyata(not a dig at Richards but I think boyata is the best rightback at our club). He's always impressed me especially the way he came into the side to play two of the biggest games of our season last year and seemed relatively unfazed by the ocasion and played fantastic. He's made a couple of mistakes along the way but that can only make him stronger and I really hope he gets the nod on the 16th. Wow, how I'm up for this game now cmon city!!!!!!

Oh dear.

Shooter 83 said:
dctid said:

Oh dear.

One of the best young players in the country with one of the best engines in the game to get up and down the pitch with far more prem experience than Boyota whom will be against either Nani or Giggs

Get a grip

His game 's very sound. He snaps at attackers which Richards, Kolarov and Boateng don't do.

In big games play him and Zabaletta. They will lock the wings. Why the need for overlapping when Johnson and Phillips can create space for themselves.

Man U and Spurs play are about using space and quick side changing. It's very difficult tactics to deal with when well applied. Need very good fullbacks defensively. Need to be able to counter in the middle and break through their hearts which Silva, Tevez and Balotelli can do.

Hate to say it but I think he's an accident waiting to happen.

The lad has potential but I don't think his feet are quick enough to play full back in a game of such magnitude as the semi. If the rags can expose him one on one against Giggs etc I fear a penalty.

If Zab isn't back to play at least some part against Liverpool I wouldn't really like him in the semi either - he won't be match sharp.

I'd play Milner right back at Anfield and if he does ok I'd play him at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.