Boyata - MoM for me

It would be amazing if we all got together and voted him player of the month on the official Etihad thing. Purely because he's a superb prospect and seems like a great lad.
It'd be a nice gesture and I bet he'd appreciate it as well :)

They usually do a 2-seconds mention on SSN for our official player of the month, would be great to hear them say "19 year old Boyata"!

Boyata was faced with the Malouda who is just about the best player in the league this season. Malouda looked ordinary. Boyata is 19. Out of all the young players we have he is the only one I would be confident of 'making it'.

Maybe not the best player on the pitch but considering all the above my MOTM

For a 19yr old CB he showed experience beyond his years
made a great block on Drogba in the first half and I cant think of
a time Cole skinned him down our right, not MOM but had a very good
game for a kid

I agree,he was my MOM,a towering performance from a young man.
Shows more defensive qualities than Richards ever has done.
Also Vinny,NDJ and Captain Carlos were all immense.

To come in and play as well as he did, out of position against the best team in England, aged 19, is, in laymans terms, 'king amazing.

Think weve got a keeper.

the kid looked like he has been playing that position for years and the hook round drogbas neck and the body check on him was world class......great future ahead for him....

jimharri said:
bored at work said:
Brilliant today, playing out of position, snubbed out most of the threat on their left and looked good going forward. What a gem we've got there
He did well, but he was a long way from MoM; he did a couple of silly challenges that could (should?) have been punished by a better referee than was out there today. But he's young; hopefully he''l learn (er, Boyata not the ref!). Vinnie was the MoM for me, with Nigel second and Silva third

Now that's more like it. I think the enthusiasm to praise a young player like Boyata is great. But he could easily have been sent off today and along the way given a free kick on the edge of the box and a penalty. Micah play very similarly with silly lapses which have cost us plenty. On this occasion Dedryk got away with them.

Add to that he was fairly lost going forward ( although I accept a useful support on the right side even if he basically only ever played it back) and got out of position a few times but with Toure's experience he was looked after well. Really good talent/prospect and ok today but let's not go OTT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.