Boyata - MoM for me

Nelly's Left Foot said:
jimharri said:
He did well, but he was a long way from MoM; he did a couple of silly challenges that could (should?) have been punished by a better referee than was out there today. But he's young; hopefully he''l learn (er, Boyata not the ref!). Vinnie was the MoM for me, with Nigel second and Silva third

Now that's more like it. I think the enthusiasm to praise a young player like Boyata is great. But he could easily have been sent off today and along the way given a free kick on the edge of the box and a penalty. Micah play very similarly with silly lapses which have cost us plenty. On this occasion Dedryk got away with them.

Add to that he was fairly lost going forward ( although I accept a useful support on the right side even if he basically only ever played it back) and got out of position a few times but with Toure's experience he was looked after well. Really good talent/prospect and ok today but let's not go OTT.

Yeah, f*ck me right - he's average. when's Gary Neville available on a free???

Had a decent game but not MOM, not even close. Bit he is going to be a top quality player in the years to come. Games like today along with the semis last season will have done him the world of good.

Great match for Boyata. He is playing very well for us.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
jimharri said:
He did well, but he was a long way from MoM; he did a couple of silly challenges that could (should?) have been punished by a better referee than was out there today. But he's young; hopefully he''l learn (er, Boyata not the ref!). Vinnie was the MoM for me, with Nigel second and Silva third

Now that's more like it. I think the enthusiasm to praise a young player like Boyata is great. But he could easily have been sent off today and along the way given a free kick on the edge of the box and a penalty. Micah play very similarly with silly lapses which have cost us plenty. On this occasion Dedryk got away with them.

Add to that he was fairly lost going forward ( although I accept a useful support on the right side even if he basically only ever played it back) and got out of position a few times but with Toure's experience he was looked after well. Really good talent/prospect and ok today but let's not go OTT.

This ^^^ he did well but I bet he was glad he had Vinny and Kolo with him, not to mention Nige screening. Did really well, but no way MOM.

bored at work said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Yeah, f*ck me right - he's average. when's Gary Neville available on a free???
What the fuck has Gary Neville got to do with anything? That's a stupid comment. And yes, Boyata is average at the moment; nothing more and nothing less. If you think otherwise, you're seriously deluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.