Boyata or Savic?

km09

Both Young Players . Who do you Bluemooners reckon Has more of a Future with City?

Long term? Boyata. Savic is simply not strong enough in the air to have a long term future in the Premier League at centre half.

Both have big futures, it's impossible to predict who has the bigger future as both are still developing. This was Savic's first PL start, give him a break... Kompany had some nightmares in his early days with us.

Both....Boyata will play a part next season as will Savic.

People writing off Savic need a reality check. He still has to adapt.

As I've been saying, Savic is too small. He needs to bulk up and improve his athleticism. Bothroyd got the best of him today.

Haven't watched Boyata at Bolton, how was he doing before the injury?

I think Savic is getting a bit of a raw deal on here this evening. Blues describing his performance as a 'nightmare' etc are wide of the mark.
His positioning was suspect but I can overlook that considering that he is still learning to adapt to the high-tempo nature of the British game - and there wont be many tougher tests for him than at Loftus Road against a QPR side bang up for it.
He also was beaten in the air once too often for my liking and admittedly that is a touch worrying.
But on the deck he nullified SWP brilliantly - showed his reading of the game is right up there and there was a moment that gave me hope - two mins after Helguson hit the post from a long diagonal punt they tried it again. But this time Savic didnt compete for the ball. Instead he anticipated and committed himself in front of Helguson and cleared commandingly. That shows he has got nous.

He has an awful lot of promise but the lad needs Kompany beside him in order to settle and grow. Tonight he had Lescott. Not knocking Joleon for that but thats the harsh truth of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.