Boyata could be seventh choice.

1. Kompany
2. New signing (Benatia/Mangala)
3-4. Demichelis
3-4. Nastasic
5. Garcia
6. Sagna (pretty good at CB)
7. Boyata

It's a bit of a joke that we have to renew because we don't have enough homegrown players. This shouldn't be a problem in the coming years if we produce more players of Lopes' standard, but it is for now.

I'd have imagined for him to sign a new contract other than a payrise he must have some guarantee of football e.g. he can start all League Cup games or something.

How he is 4th choice cb?

Kompany, Nastasic, Demichelis, Lescott, and maybe then Boyata was 5th. But even when he played he played fullback...

Now Lescott leaving and Mangala or Benatia coming in. that doesnt make Boyata 5th choice role into 4th choice. Or Rekik comes back too and makes it 6th choice cb for Boyata.

Would love Rekik more as he just had a good season at PSV, while Boyata only had shit loan deals.

Boyata is being kept because he is homegrown, but will he play in the league or in CL? Doubt it.

He is 24 he is hardly improving at that stage if he doesnt play games. He didnt play many games in his last two seasons and not because injuries. For that clearly limited role he will have here I wouldnt be scared to put a 18-19 year old youngster into that role.

He's a lot better than most think. Slightly error prone at RB but would be quite competent at CB alongside someone like Kompany. Homegrown as well which is of great benefit to us.

whp.blue said:
noely said:
Decent 4th choice centre back good cover and to the moaners can they name Barca Madrids or bayern Munichs 4th choice centre half

Barca:: Martin Caecares Bayern: Holger Badstuber Real: Nacho

And Boyata is nowhere near as good as any of them
Martin Caceres left Barca in 2011.

joshlawless_ said:
He's a lot better than most think. Slightly error prone at RB but would be quite competent at CB alongside someone like Kompany. Homegrown as well which is of great benefit to us.

So most of us are wrong and you're right. Thanks for correcting us and welcome on board ;.)

I will probably get laughed at for this..but i really rated him when he first broke into the team then..he got that sending off v arse and seems to have lost his confidence ,composure etc and just stagnated. Maybe its the HG quota..or perhaps he and,we feel under pellers he can get his mojo back...or perhaps i had an op today has scrambled my brain..

Davs 19 said:
joshlawless_ said:

So most of us are wrong and you're right. Thanks for correcting us and welcome on board ;.)

h9E71C4A6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.