Boycott the M*rror

Wonder if they have also gone after our official site because they too copy and paste parts of articles in their paper review??

Last edited:
What frustrates me is that they can flex their legal resources to threaten an independant fans forum, when on their own home page is the quote "freedom of expression is a right to be cherished, Neil McDonald"

So you can print as much tripe as you want but if anyone else dare comment about it, Oooohhh no, we'll send the big scary men after you.

Typical bully in the playground.

Trinity Mirror was formed in September 1999 by the merger of Trinity plc, a company formed in 1985 to buy the Liverpool Post and Echo, with Mirror Group plc. As a condition of the merger Trinity Mirror was forced to sell the Belfast Telegraph group.[3] The next year, the company acquired the regional publisher Southnews.

Trinity Mirror was formed in September 1999 by Trinity PLC. Trinity was a company which evolved from the Liverpool Daily Post and Echo which owned newspaper titles in Canada and the US at the time, as well as interests in paper mills in Canada. In the early 1980s, it was suggested that the Press Association should be floated on the market. It turned out that the Liverpool Daily Post and Echo had a substantial historic share holding in PA, which resulted in a £70m windfall.

The previous business strategy of the Liverpool operation was to have control over the complete process of newspaper production. Hence it bought paper mills in Canada, owned its own newspaper distribution company and even went as far as buying up newsagents across Merseyside branded as "Ricafeg" which proved to be a disaster.

The shareholders appointed David Sneddon as Chief Executive and he divested the company of all interests other than producing newspapers. At the time the Liverpool Echo, despite the prevailing economic conditions on Merseyside was considered to be one of the most profitable newspapers in the UK. This cannot be verified independently because the company was adept at concealing its profit centres. The only verification is from the writer of this passage who was there at the time and the subsequent expansion of the business built upon the Echo's profitability.

Now I know wikipedia ain't exactly the most accurate source of information.....

Wow Ric, I've always recognised that you are a very, very, very important man but this proves how scared this group of newspapers are of your influence.

They are obviously dirtying their underpants worrying about your Forums. Keep up the good work my liege.

not bought a paper in years but even when i get a chance to read one i avoid the sun and now the mirror

Desperate self centered cunts. I am not clicking anything associated with mirror.Mirror should look at mirror . fuckem

A quick search turned up no similar threads/notices on other forums.

I know Vital Football had a warning about this (ie copyright infringement if posting entire articles) more than a year ago. The specific thread has since been deleted because the warning has been subsumed into the general 'Site Rules' post. I don't recall exactly where the outside threat came from, but I do recall that - at the time - Vital was puzzled as to why they had been 'picked on' and not other forums. I suspect that it was because there is a limited company behind the site (Vital Network Ltd) so *if* anyone wanted to take action as a result of a copyright infringement, there would have been a clearly identified legal entity to sue.

It appears they are spreading the net wider now and, as an earlier posted suggested, that's almost certainly as much due to lost advertising revenue as to the copyright issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.