Boycott the M*rror

Let's get the club to ban them, simple. Any truths they want to print about our club has to be communicated by BM, then all the lies they print can be followed up by City legal.
Ban the Mirror from the Etihad now!

You're legally allowed to use sections of other people's work for criticism and comment, but copying and pasting a whole article has always been a no. Especially when it comes with the message "So you don't have to click on their site and give them advertising revenue." It's hardly surprising that a media company is getting annoyed at people copying and pasting entire articles from their website so that people can read them without visiting. Another forum I go on has a guideline of no more than 2 paragraphs. Although what constitutes a paragraph nowadays is pretty loose, since most websites seem to write in one or two sentence paragraphs (maybe so they can claim "you copied 18 paragraphs from our website.")

Tell to get to fuck , don't post any links or quote their shite journalists on BM .

You're legally allowed to use sections of other people's work for criticism and comment, but copying and pasting a whole article has always been a no. Especially when it comes with the message "So you don't have to click on their site and give them advertising revenue." It's hardly surprising that a media company is getting annoyed at people copying and pasting entire articles from their website so that people can read them without visiting. Another forum I go on has a guideline of no more than 2 paragraphs. Although what constitutes a paragraph nowadays is pretty loose, since most websites seem to write in one or two sentence paragraphs (maybe so they can claim "you copied 18 paragraphs from our website.")

That's largely how I see it, although I'm not sure why they're targeting us when it's prevalent across the internet.

It's not the first time we've been threatened with copyright laws though. The Premier League themselves used to do it every season for us publishing fixtures on the site.

I think people will be fine quoting passages from articles, but it's the copying and pasting of entire articles, to prevent the publisher getting the page impressions, which is the issue here. It's shit, but that's how it is.

The Premier League themselves used to do it every season for us publishing fixtures on the site.

Really? How were they planning to tell a court that a publicly available fixtures list was intellectual property with commercial value?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.