Bradford City thread

Fotheringham was a strange one. Whilst he admittedly did get a few decent results, he came across as totally deluded at times. Some of his post match pressers had me questioning whether I'd actually attended the correct match, and he was just so negative in every game. He also told us when he joined that "he didn't do tactics", which should have been a clear red flag.

In his defence though, there have been many rumours that he wasn't actually picking the team (that was done by our DoF Leigh Bromby apparently) so he may well have been nothing more than a cheap patsy at the end of the day.

If anything, I think we waited too long to pull the lever, as we wasted every one of fixtures against our relegation rivals just prior to his sacking, which I think will ultimately cost us. If we'd gone for Colin at the beginning of Jan then I suspect we would have picked up more points than we did in those vital games. Beggars belief that it's less than 6 years since we won promotion and now we're in this situation (a large part of me suspects that the worst is still to come too). Seen us in all 4 divisions in the past 18 years so I'll just enjoy the ride regardless of where it takes us - all part of what we unintentionally sign up for as young lads. And come on, who doesn't enjoy a trip to Accrington on a Tuesday night in January?! :D
Bromby’s your DoF now!? Probably still better than Orta.

Bromby’s your DoF now!? Probably still better than Orta.
I forget the correct job title but pretty much the same gig and he's even worse at it than he was a player! Can I take it from the Orta reference you're a Leeds fan?

Pressure of playing infront of a bigger expectant crowd at home?

When we are coming back from our games if the lad is checking the scores I always ask him "how have Bradford got on?" Must be frustrating that you can go to Stevenage and win then go and lose at home to Barrow.

Good news is you have at least 1 game in hand on everybody in the playoffs, if you can get on a run then autos not out of the question
We took 4K there yesterday a huge following at this level but the difference away from home is that the support is behind them regardless of any mistake ............ which is completely different to at home when one wrong bass can quickly turn the attmosphere toxic :( ............ still don’t know where we will end up ........ we could easily get the Automatics or easily end up midtable .......... still it’s gonna be interesting over the next few months

Pressure of playing infront of a bigger expectant crowd at home?

When we are coming back from our games if the lad is checking the scores I always ask him "how have Bradford got on?" Must be frustrating that you can go to Stevenage and win then go and lose at home to Barrow.

Good news is you have at least 1 game in hand on everybody in the playoffs, if you can get on a run then autos not out of the question
Btw you lot are in great shape another good win yesterday ............ just need to keep it going I just think Plymouth will drop off but god knows what will come through I simply wouldn’t fancy being in the playoffs with what is in there

I agree just take it a game at a time, if this was anybody else I would say they are up, as it's us I'm just waiting for us to blow it every week.

I'm not conditioned for success, abject failure is much easier to accept :)

Been to a few Bradford games this season.

Only one home game (Barrow). The fans are great, but it quickly goes toxic when the team's not 4-0 up.

I think the fans at home have a negative effect on the players.

Finished sixth, and therefore in the playoff places, three points behind Stockport, and below Carlisle on goal difference, and one point ahead of gargoyle one's shower.

It’s been a struggle; they’ve dropped points deep into injury time on a couple of occasions in recent games, but they are there.

Finished sixth, and therefore in the playoff places, three points behind Stockport, and below Carlisle on goal difference, and one point ahead of gargoyle one's shower.

It’s been a struggle; they’ve dropped points deep into injury time on a couple of occasions in recent games, but they are there.
Was a last few minutes of squeaky bum time for Salford as Mansfield just needed another goal in their game to knock them out of the play off positions on goal difference,unfortunately it didn’t happen..

Losing in midweek to Crewe which could have given them a chance to get autos it's nice for them to get over the line in the playoffs.

Hope they can do it, but with Stockport, Carlisle & Salford in there could go any way really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.